Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Flintlock / Late archery >

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Flintlock / Late archery

ORIGINAL: livbucks

What kind of heater will you use?
i dont know until i see his set up.

he says it does not stink at all.

i used to use a coffee can with roll of toilet paper in it and alcohal and a steel lid on top.

no smell at all with that.

i will let you know what heater he uses.

take a look at this blind on goggle.

they have about 4 of them, mine was OUTHOUSE.

ITS MADE BY AMERISTEP

www.ameristep.com i think mine was 49 dollars .OUTHOUSE in camo pattern ,click on BLINDS.

YOU CARRY THIS ON YOUR BACK, YOU DONT KNOW ITS THERE.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Spike

Yes they are leagle.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

A word to the wise about blinds. There are many inexpensive blinds out there. Some good some bad. Be sure to pay attention to the fabric. Some of the commercial blinds out there reflect the sun like a mirror. That doghose blind is one of the shiny ones. A big old shiny surface tends to catch a deers eye! The high end blinds like Double Bull don't shine. I picked up one this year by Eastman for $150 on sale and it has a very nice leafy fabric that doesn't reflect the sun. A friend borrowed it and set it up. When I went to take it down, I hadn't been there but knew exactly where it should have been. Even knowing where to look, I was only 20 yards awaywhen I finally spotted it.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

shiny surface

mine is plastic and could reflect sunlight,i will go utside RIGHT NOW and see if it does that
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

A word to the wise about blinds. There are many inexpensive blinds out there. Some good some bad. Be sure to pay attention to the fabric. Some of the commercial blinds out there reflect the sun like a mirror. That doghose blind is one of the shiny ones. A big old shiny surface tends to catch a deers eye! The high end blinds like Double Bull don't shine. I picked up one this year by Eastman for $150 on sale and it has a very nice leafy fabric that doesn't reflect the sun. A friend borrowed it and set it up. When I went to take it down, I hadn't been there but knew exactly where it should have been. Even knowing where to look, I was only 20 yards awaywhen I finally spotted it.

i just opened it in sun outside,it is not shiny at all,it looked like it was close but when i stepped back, NO SHINE AT ALL.

i have the CAMO one in the OUTHOUSE ONE. only problem i had is i could not get it to go back in pack you use to carry it into woods, i was doing it wrong,now its quick to do but you have to practice at home first.

i dont know how its going to hold up in WIND or if the stakes will pull out in wind,but for 49 dollars, i like it and will be using it WAYBACK in woods,sproul now you know deer are NOT WAYBACK,woops
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

They must have changed the fabric. Mine shines like a mirror[:'(]

Glad they fixed it!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad they fixed it!
funny, it does SHINE up close but when you put it up and walk away, it does not,i walked all around it from 10ft to 30 yds, no shine but close, yes it does shine,not a lot but you can see it.

i am going to e-mail them and see what they say.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad they fixed it!
just got thru with them .
they said thats same material as before.

they did say they have shine to finish but have not recieved any complaints on it.

they said it could be way sun would hit it.

i cant see mine shine at all ,i am going out again and move it all around yard, will be back soon.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's all in the angle of the sun.
Early morning and late evening will probably give more reflection.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

When the sun hits it right, you can see it from very far away[:'(]. The problem is especially bad with a rising or setting sun with the blind on a field edge. A little dew lights it right up too. I also have a Cabelas brand blind that shines even worse. That doesnt mean all is lost. Simply brush it in when you set it up. I had an old piece of camo burlap that I threw on the roof and it took care of the shine. I beleive deer get suspicious when the see anything new in the woods but I do believe that breaking up the smooth lines of a blind and breaking up any potential for shine will be a great help. It doesn't take a lot of effort. A few strategically places branches around the sides and on top really help a lot. Leafy stuff, brush,and a few evergreen boughs are best.

Quick Reply: PA Flintlock / Late archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.