HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   help a fellow Pa hunter (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/279280-help-fellow-pa-hunter.html)

bowhunter2117 12-19-2008 06:11 PM

help a fellow Pa hunter

Copied from grizzly garys. com

I recently posted a prayer request for fellow HPA Member xbowhunter17268 who was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. His cancer has spread to Willy's liver. Willy & Family are under severe financial stress and are in great need of help. He must travel to Bethesda, MD Cancer Treatment Ctr several days a week. They plan on trying some new drugs etc. in effort to treat his cancer. Without treatment Willy said he only has 3-4 mths left.

Willy reluctantly ok'ed my plea to post here a request for financial help(checks ..no matter how small), gas cards, offers to help take Willy from Waynesboro to Bethesda or any other means you can offer help. A mere couple bucks from many can mean so much for our hurting HPA Brother, Wife Jean and Son.

If able to offer transportation to Bethesda please email Willy at: [email protected] OR Wife Jean(HPA Pink Camo) at: [email protected]

Thanks so much for all here that can kick a lil in to help Willy plus all your prayer support/thoughts are so helpful to Willy during this time. May God Bless you and this fine site that RoosterBooster & Flintlock(HuntingPA) so graciously provides for us all!

Please send checks, gas cards etc. to:

Clarence William Hull
529 Pratt Court
Waynesboro, PA 17268

READ THIS!!!

Ok everyone. I entered my archery buck into an AM radio station buck contest. Prize is a $500 gift card for a grocery store, which will be donated to Will & his family if my photo is voted to win. Here is where the folks of HuntingPA and any other discussion board, email etc etc that can get the word out helps. Just a simple mouse click to vote is all that is needed from you. You don't have to register a name/email or anything to vote. Just select my photo and hit the Vote button at the bottom of the page. My pic is the 10th one from the bottom. "Todd Plank of Gardners, PA.

Here is the pic to look for. http://www.moosejaw.netfirms.com/hunting08/9pt_08r.JPG

Let's help Will & his family out and win this vote!
LINK TO VOTE---- http://www.whp580.com/pages/bestrackpoll.html

Link to story.... http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=841205& fpart=1

BTBowhunter 12-19-2008 06:34 PM

RE: help a fellow Pa hunter

Vote is in! Looks like you'ree out in front with 46% of the votes so far.

Cmon guys! Lets all sign on and help out!!

livbucks 12-19-2008 07:31 PM

I just pushed it to 47.99 percent.
Get your votes in guys!

BTBowhunter 12-19-2008 07:35 PM

Guys, after voting here, lets all email the links to your friends who don't use this site!!

Phil from Maine 12-19-2008 07:44 PM

your out there at 48.28% now..Good Luck

FiveMiler 12-19-2008 08:35 PM

While I think this is a noble gesture on everyones part, I don't believe it's very fair to the other entrants, especially the kids. I'm sending money. Seeings that all these votes are illegal anyway, it will probably be contested. See the rules:

8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound
by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in
participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The
Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities
concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall
be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical
malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the
Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other
decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made
by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY
CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS
CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE
OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND
SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK
DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY
LAW.

BTBowhunter 12-19-2008 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: FiveMiler

While I think this is a noble gesture on everyones part, I don't believe it's very fair to the other entrants, especially the kids. I'm sending money. Seeings that all these votes are illegal anyway, it will probably be contested. See the rules:

[align=left]8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound[/align][align=left]by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in[/align][align=left]participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.[/align][align=left]Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The[/align][align=left]Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities[/align][align=left]concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall[/align][align=left]be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical[/align][align=left]malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the[/align][align=left]Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other[/align][align=left]decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made[/align][align=left]by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.[/align][align=left]ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY[/align][align=left]CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS[/align][align=left]CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE[/align][align=left]OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND[/align][align=left]SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK[/align][align=left]DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY[/align][align=left]LAW.[/align]

A guy asks for votes in a contest and offers to donate any potential winngs to a charitable cause. I see no violation of the rules here and certainly don't see anything illegal.

Best of luck and may God bless for your unselfish act Bowhunter2117!!!

BTBowhunter 12-26-2008 04:19 PM

Bump to the top!

Guys this is a good cause.

Bowhunter2117 is in the lead but another hunter is closing the gap!

get your votes in and get your buddies to vote!

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-27-2008 11:43 AM

Voted.

sproulman 12-27-2008 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: FiveMiler

[align=left]8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound[/align][align=left]by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in[/align][align=left]participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.[/align][align=left]Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The[/align][align=left]Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities[/align][align=left]concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall[/align][align=left]be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical[/align][align=left]malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the[/align][align=left]Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other[/align][align=left]decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made[/align][align=left]by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.[/align][align=left]ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY[/align][align=left]CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS[/align][align=left]CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE[/align][align=left]OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND[/align][align=left]SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK[/align][align=left]DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY[/align][align=left]LAW.[/align]

you have point on this but maybe the other contestants could be contacted and see if they would ALL donate the money to willy if they win?;)

anyhow, i am sending a check and will vote too.