HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   NY deer season is over(except LI) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/278969-ny-deer-season-over-except-li.html)

DeerandbearhoG 12-17-2008 04:27 PM

NY deer season is over(except LI)

Well I cant believe its over already, all I have to say is:(:(:(:(:(

Anyway, howd everyone do? I got two bucks and not nearly enough venison to last me till oct.

WNYhunter 12-18-2008 03:11 AM

RE: NY deer season is over(except LI)

I got 3, a buck and 2 does. Pretty slow year as far as seeing them though. As a group though we got 9, 3 8pts and 6 does. It was fun year even without the deer activity.

pjarrows 12-18-2008 05:27 AM

well between my one hunting partner and I we shot 15 deer
13 with bow and 2 with ML
lots of does where we hunt, saw tons of deer all season long and a few good buck.

bowanna03 12-18-2008 08:10 AM

I hunt southern tier in new york did not get anything this year at all from archery to muzzleloader but did see some dandies for next year though i think i am going to put on the trail cam this week and maybe do some coyote hunting after the holidays as i have a big coyote problem were i am

Canuck33 12-18-2008 11:46 AM

I took a good 10 and a nice fat freezer filler in the late season, most of the guys I know had good success but overall deer sighting and activity was down for sure

ABarOfSoap 12-18-2008 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

well between my one hunting partner and I we shot 15 deer
13 with bow and 2 with ML
lots of does where we hunt, saw tons of deer all season long and a few good buck.
How are you aloud to shoot so many deer? where i hunt we couldent even getONE doe tag for the second straight year :(

Canuck33 12-18-2008 01:45 PM

He can't, it's not possible either he is full of it or he is hunting illegal not to mention being a deer hog

buckclub 12-18-2008 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Canuck33

He can't, it's not possible either he is full of it or he is hunting illegal not to mention being a deer hog
he can, perhaps he has access to several farms that have deer damage permits, you can use 2 per person per farm. perhaps he had last years tags and filled them during the early archery season up north with last years tags, thats 2 more. perhaps he got access to extra doe permits that were on a first come first serve basis inseveral areas of ny this year, that could be two more. Not to mention hunters can sign over doe tags to another person.

Myself this year recieved seven deer tags without any nusiance tags to speak of. one regular buck, 2 doe, one either sex bow/muzzy, one antlerless bow muzzzy, and 2 extra tags for areas that didn't fill the doe quota. I didn't fill them all, but its nice to have a tag left to hunt till the very last day.

BuckAlley 12-18-2008 08:00 PM

15 deer amongst 2 hunters also seems pretty crazy to me. Must be feeding the whole neighborhood!
I personally arrowed a 7pt end Sept last yrs tag. Then passed on several other small bucks throughout rest archery season. Spent most of gun season with my 14yr old hunting, hoping for him to harvest his first deer. He missed the first deer had a chance at, he was so excited. He passed on couple small doe w/ fawns. Totally his choice. Never got a deer, but we had a great time together.

marlin30/30_drabe 12-19-2008 09:34 AM

none for me i want to try for yotes and squirral