Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY deer season is over(except LI) >

NY deer season is over(except LI)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY deer season is over(except LI)

Old 12-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NY deer season is over(except LI)

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

well between my one hunting partner and I we shot 15 deer
13 with bow and 2 with ML
lots of does where we hunt, saw tons of deer all season long and a few good buck.
pigs thats way too much im lucky if i get one
Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckclub

ORIGINAL: Canuck33

He can't, it's not possible either he is full of it or he is hunting illegal not to mention being a deer hog
he can, perhaps he has access to several farms that have deer damage permits, you can use 2 per person per farm. perhaps he had last years tags and filled them during the early archery season up north with last years tags, thats 2 more. perhaps he got access to extra doe permits that were on a first come first serve basis inseveral areas of ny this year, that could be two more. Not to mention hunters can sign over doe tags to another person.

Myself this year recieved seven deer tags without any nusiance tags to speak of. one regular buck, 2 doe, one either sex bow/muzzy, one antlerless bow muzzzy, and 2 extra tags for areas that didn't fill the doe quota. I didn't fill them all, but its nice to have a tag left to hunt till the very last day.
Yup that right ,I get 5 tags a year + your allowed 2 sign overs, thats 14 between 2 people.

I dont see why people should begrudged others taking all the deer they can legally. I love venison and wish I had more this year. Plus you can donate it or give away what you cant use.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: marlin30/30_drabe

ORIGINAL: pjarrows

well between my one hunting partner and I we shot 15 deer
13 with bow and 2 with ML
lots of does where we hunt, saw tons of deer all season long and a few good buck.
pigs thats way too much im lucky if i get one
wellif youknew what you were talking about than i could see your point, but you don't.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Ok let me tell you the whole hunting season and what kind of land we hunt on.

First not full of it at all

I hunt on one produce farm and one apple orchard, every year the tracks of land get nuisance permits,(last year they started shooting deer on the apple farm in Jan and ended on May 5th, and were shooting deer in July to end of Sep at the produce farm) so for the regular season DEC gives the apple farm 20 doe tags to fill, and also gives the produce farm 20 tags, one hunter can only fill 2 tags on each farm (this is where we do our meat hunting). Also on top of that we can fill out archery/ML tags if we would like (during the Archery/ML season), I also hunt in a bow only DMU that allows you to fill doe tag after doe tag, (for every doe tag you fill you get a bonus tag).

These situations do allow for lots of deer to be shot, we give away about every other deer to the local food banks so I would not call us PIGS (marlin30/30_drabe ).

I will say this with the # of deer shot in the off season you are lucky to see a 2 1/2 year old buck, but you can see 50 does a day if your in the right spot.

any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

pj- your not a pig, just helping out the herd and farmers. keep it up theres too many doe are around anyways
Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job PJ.
Need any help?

Steve
Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Took an 8 Point and a doe in WMU 8P.May Isuggest to go back and reread Buckalley's post... That's what hunting is all about.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

I passed a bunch of small bucks in bow and ended up taking a 6 point last week of bow. I also took two does with the shotgun. The freezer looks ok, I would of liked one more but I barely saw a deer on stand all of shotgun and muzzleloader season. The two does I took I walked up.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckclub

pj- your not a pig, just helping out the herd and farmers. keep it up theres too many doe are around anyways
i have frriends that go from pa. to ny to hunt doe.

they get many doe ,i dont know what is allowed, i heard 4 doe each,not sure.

so, you can see, MANY OF PA. MEAT HUNTERS ARE LOOKING FOR PLACES TO FILL FREEZER.

ny is close to pa.

one thing we dont have here is DOE in WMU2G of pa.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

SHOT 2 SM BUCKS 1 GUN, 1 ML, MY SON GOT ANOTHER. THE FREEZER IS FULL.

Quick Reply: NY deer season is over(except LI)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.