HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Last chance NYers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/277133-last-chance-nyers.html)

DeerandbearhoG 12-06-2008 01:38 PM

Last chance NYers

Who's counting on some last minute luck to get it done with their rifle or shotgun tomorrow? I'm going to still hunt, and cover as much ground as possible. Hopefully the snow should get them moving.

I am still gonna be picky though, I'm only gonna shoot brown or black animals over 60#:D (live weight)

mikeymjr23 12-06-2008 03:47 PM

RE: Last chance NYers

Now THATS my kinda picky!

Can't eat nothin if ya don't shoot nothin!

ABarOfSoap 12-06-2008 06:42 PM

it was impossible to still hunt for me this weekend, the snow was SOOO freaking loud everystep i took i could hear it echoing for miles it seemed.

For me i had a horrible hunt, out of 2 guys we saw 1 spike. from friday till now

DeerandbearhoG 12-07-2008 06:27 PM

Well another rifle season closes and I didnt get to pull the trigger on a single deer:( Tough season! Well we got 9 days to get some meat with the muzzleloader, but man, I really wanted to wack somthing w/ my new Remy 7-08.

Hope you guys had better luck than me.

TRACKER 12-07-2008 08:40 PM

I had a good year overal.
Although I didnt get a deer on my lot in UpState NY .
I did see at least 5 differnt bucks , but nothing I,d shoot with my rifle .
Althiugh I seen many deer this year I had more hrs on stand and more days in the woods and I still seen more deer last year .
One thing I did notice is More Coy Dogs this year .
I did manage to take out a couple mid way through the season .
I got a buck in Southern Tiere . 8 pointer , not bad .
Well at least I put my new 270 wsm Browning Short Trac to good use .
Hope you all had a good season and I,m already looking forward to next year ..
Happy Hollidays ..[8D]

Charlie P 12-08-2008 07:52 AM

One thing I did notice is More Coy Dogs this year
They most likelyare Coyotes not coy dogs, Coyotes would rather kill a domestic dog then breed with it.
Son got a six point on Thursday (no brow tines) really decent deer. I decided to not let a six point walkSaturday afternoon. I have been letting smaller buck off the hook for about 5 years but decided to break in the new leupold I put on duringthe season.

Fletch NY 12-10-2008 05:24 PM

I would agree on the coy dog thing. Coy dogs are very rare and sterile. So the chances on seeing one are worese than the lottery. Coyotes come in many colors and shades. Cream, yellow, grey, red andblack and all kinds of shades of these colors. They also can be anywhere from 30 to 65 pounds in my area. With the females a bit smaller than the males. I saw one Saturday that was pure cream colored. I shot one Sunday that was black on the back and grey down to white on the belly.