HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   HOW SOME CHEAT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/276891-how-some-cheat.html)

sproulman 12-04-2008 07:09 PM

HOW SOME CHEAT

here in wmu2g of pa. we have what they call DMAP TAGS.

DCNR issued so many for each county.

they can be used ONLY in certain areas of county for doe.

i heard over 45 shots in a area here on monday.

i know it was not BUCK hunting that was being done.

you cant kill a doe in this area.

i then saw camps with DMAP TAGS coming out their driveways.

oh, they will say they shot them in DMAP AREAS but i feelthey did not.[:@]

i did not see them shoot but heard lots of shots.
this is just another example how some use things to get around rules.[:@]

Rickmur 12-05-2008 02:12 AM

RE: HOW SOME CHEAT

The phone in check system allows for it also.

SteveBNy 12-05-2008 03:44 AM

According to the pattern of your posts, you apparently hunt in one of the most criminally infested areas of the country.
If true,not laws, tags or or regulation are going to change it.
Only enforcement.

Steve

cardeeer 12-05-2008 04:05 AM

Call the game warden , he might return your call in a couple months. I have been waiting 3 years for them to respond to a poaching call I made.I seen at least 9 people hunting over bait this year in no bait areas. As the deer herd dwindles violations will increase. Remember if you dont get more or a bigger deer then the other guy your not a man ,but a looser.If they have such a ego , They should just go hire a prostitute and then they could really give out a tarzan call.

DougE 12-05-2008 08:00 AM

I turned in 3 poachers last year and the northeast dispatch got the WCO on the radio and he called me within minutes.In fact,he was at the guy's house before the guy even got there.On the last day of flintlock season,Icaught a guy shooting from the road in an area where you can't use a firearm.I confronted the guy and he got in his vehicle and took off.I followed the guy,while talking with the WCO and he pulled him over.This year,I reported a baited treestand to himand he investigated that day.A buddy of mine found where several bears were killed in a den this year.he reported the incident and the neighboring WCO,land manager and deputy investigated that day.Three people were arrested in that case.I deal with our local WCO's a few times a year and they always do a great job.Unfortunately,they can't be everywhere at once and they need the help of sportsmen.

sproulman 12-05-2008 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

I turned in 3 poachers last year and the northeast dispatch got the WCO on the radio and he called me within minutes.In fact,he was at the guy's house before the guy even got there.On the last day of flintlock season,Icaught a guy shooting from the road in an area where you can't use a firearm.I confronted the guy and he got in his vehicle and took off.I followed the guy,while talking with the WCO and he pulled him over.This year,I reported a baited treestand to himand he investigated that day.A buddy of mine found where several bears were killed in a den this year.he reported the incident and the neighboring WCO,land manager and deputy investigated that day.Three people were arrested in that case.I deal with our local WCO's a few times a year and they always do a great job.Unfortunately,they can't be everywhere at once and they need the help of sportsmen.
i cant believe i agreed with you on something;)

first, we did catch our no.1 poacher but could only get him for spotlighting.

then we got him for shooting a bear with his license revoked.

he will pay 3,000 dollars for that one ,he wont his buddy is paying all his fines, he does not care.

when we got the snow in beararchery,RUMOR is most of bear hunters that got a bear,SHOT THEM IN THEIR DENS.

we had 1 group get 5 bear with a bow, is that possible, i guess so but hard for me to believe you can DRIVE bear and all 5 are shot with bow while driving bear:eek:

our poaching here in western clinton county is down to under 10 people.

WCO knows who they are and has responded to our calls.

our problem is they did not fill the WCO postion here in renovo area.

so, poachers know this,hey no LOCAL wco, so they had ball for year or so.

plus the WCO is only allowed so much overtime.

but, you are right, many, many bears were shot in their DENS,the hunters only had to follow tracks to den in snow,it was that easy .

i even had bear hunter tell me outside the check stationhe did it BUT HE SAID IT THIS WAY,SPROUL HE WAS building A DEN,not in a den

RIGHT, I REALLY BELIEVE THAT ONE.[:@]

sproulman 12-05-2008 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

According to the pattern of your posts, you apparently hunt in one of the most criminally infested areas of the country.
If true,not laws, tags or or regulation are going to change it.
Only enforcement.

Steve
i dont think so, i talked to RSB and i think he has more things than clinton county going on..

he could possibly show how many violations each county has would help you on that.

i know clarion county has a lot more violations than clinton county.

germain 12-05-2008 10:48 AM

I feel it's my duty to turn them in.I've done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future.
The last time I turned the slobs in I was told by other hunters the WCO was checking the baiting site out.He rode bike to get back into the area.I was impressed.
Aint real crazy about the PGC's deer management but I sure have respect for the WCO'S.

bullmoose38 12-05-2008 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: germain

I feel it's my duty to turn them in.I've done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future.
The last time I turned the slobs in I was told by other hunters the WCO was checking the baiting site out.He rode bike to get back into the area.I was impressed.
Aint real crazy about the PGC's deer management but I sure have respect for the WCO'S.
Im the same way germain. Some people may say I am a rat but I dont care. Obey the rules and I wont have a problem with you. I caught a guy kicking antlers off in the early muzzleloader season. And wait til you hear this story. I will post it as soon as all legal action has been completed. Its unreal![&:]

crokit 12-05-2008 05:05 PM

I believe all those shots you heard were fired at a fast mountain lion or cougar!