Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa deer season

Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pa deer season

ORIGINAL: DougE

Sproul,you could certainly write a book.

I heard through the grapevine that you either work for the PGC or DCNR and just like yankin everyone's chain.In any event,someone told me that you wear a green uniform.Any truth to that?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cardeeer

I had a warden start to write me a ticket in 1992 for not tagging a fallow deer that was hanging on my tree . I politely explained to him fallow deer are not under Pa enforcement laws. He had to call two more deputies to verify it was not a whitetail, LOL And in 1998 I had a store bought collar fur piece ,with a store tag sewed in the seam hanging on my porch to rid of mothball smell. He woke my wife up out of bed and wanted to know who trapped the fox.And started a investigation untill I explained it was store bought in the 30's. The same warden then in 2006 refused me a permit so I could sell some of my mounts and antlers at my estate sale. So he got me back But They are necessary ,but some are necessary evils.

we had FISH WARDEN here by the name of BUCKMAN.

he was worst fish warden i have ever seen.

yes, rules in book say you have to go by rules but you have to use common sense.

like here is example he did,
we had a local openbass tournament on sayer dam.

he sat in weeds watching us load the boats.

after we set the boats in water, down he came.

he said,OK GUYS ,SHOW YOUR LIFE PRESERVER SEAT,THE THROW ONES.

well, 1 of our members left his on floor and it blew off on highway going in dark to tournament.

HE WAS WRONG for putting boat in water but why did the BUCKMAN not come out and check boats before we went into water.[:@]

many fish wardens have done this.

and they would put it in their report that they checked boats before going in water and found no throwable life presever seat.you got a verbal warning.

but they would not get fine money as he did by hiding in bushes and waiting for boat to launch.

when you have good people that support fishing andfish commission and donate their time to build docks and habitat, now i talk like RSB,would you not think for a moment that maybe you should not hide in weeds to try to catch a group that is about 99% honest law biding people .

would it been better to appraoch and say, FELLAS,DO YOU HAVE YOUR THROWABLE LIFE PRESERVERS , CAN I SEE THEM .

funny part was, DON WAS WEARING HIS LIFE PRESERVER BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVEA THROWABLE LIFE PRESERVER IN HIS BOAT.

you dont have to wear your preserver in boat while fishing, he did so he could show he was safe without his THROWABLE PRESERVER.

and we always were going to have a boat right next to him so we could say WE HAD a throwable presrver seat to use.

all this meant NOTHING to buckman,he went by RULES and DON was fined.[:@]

now, i discussed this with a group of us fisherman and most said,HE WAS WRONG FOR NOT HAVING A THROWABLE SEAT,ITS RULES, i cant object to rules and no defense for don ..

BUT if it was SPROUL, i would have given him warning and checked his boat BEFORE it went into water

but i guess i would not last as a FISH WARDEN if i did.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

I heard through the grapevine that you either work for the PGC or DCNR and just like yankin everyone's chain.In any event,someone told me that you wear a green uniform.Any truth to that?
Haven't seen a denial of the accusation
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ptrbilt

Haven't seen a denial of the accusation

i dont like uniforms or ties.

i dont like most bosses,even tho i was one.

i dont like DCNR but i like most of employees.

i dont like direction the PGC went with HR but i like the AR.

i like most of WCO but wish they were on SALARY.

i dont agree with even my local sportsmans club because they are turning it into a HIKING CLUB.[:@]

i dont like POACHERS.[:@]
i dont like hunters that know that 2 doe are left in and area and try to kill those 2 off[:@]

i dont like the early in-line season for WMU2G do to lack of deer.

thats enough
Old 12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Why do you wish WCO's were on salary?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

Why do you wish WCO's were on salary?
i was in charge of 270 employees at one time .

we were not allowed much overtime ,so things got bad at night and on weekends.

then top bosses decided that we be put on SALARY.

they paid us MORE than the regular 40 hr week but we could set our own hrs ,like come out at night or when WE felt we could do most good.

i cant see PGC allowing LOTS of overtime,so WCO is not going tobe able to come out OR able to get in truck and just go without be authorized to do so on OVERTIME.

by being on SALARY , wco would be in charge, if he felt that he needed to be out at 2 am, off he goes.

at least thats way it worked for us.

if the overtime is available ,then no need to do this but from what i heard at meeting with rep.hanna,there is not money for LOTS of overtime.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeeer

I had a warden start to write me a ticket in 1992 for not tagging a fallow deer that was hanging on my tree . I politely explained to him fallow deer are not under Pa enforcement laws. He had to call two more deputies to verify it was not a whitetail, LOL And in 1998 I had a store bought collar fur piece ,with a store tag sewed in the seam hanging on my porch to rid of mothball smell. He woke my wife up out of bed and wanted to know who trapped the fox.And started a investigation untill I explained it was store bought in the 30's. The same warden then in 2006 refused me a permit so I could sell some of my mounts and antlers at my estate sale. So he got me back But They are necessary ,but some are necessary evils.

we had FISH WARDEN here by the name of BUCKMAN.

he was worst fish warden i have ever seen.

yes, rules in book say you have to go by rules but you have to use common sense.

like here is example he did,
we had a local openbass tournament on sayer dam.

he sat in weeds watching us load the boats.

after we set the boats in water, down he came.

he said,OK GUYS ,SHOW YOUR LIFE PRESERVER SEAT,THE THROW ONES.

well, 1 of our members left his on floor and it blew off on highway going in dark to tournament.

HE WAS WRONG for putting boat in water but why did the BUCKMAN not come out and check boats before we went into water.[:@]

many fish wardens have done this.

and they would put it in their report that they checked boats before going in water and found no throwable life presever seat.you got a verbal warning.

but they would not get fine money as he did by hiding in bushes and waiting for boat to launch.

when you have good people that support fishing andfish commission and donate their time to build docks and habitat, now i talk like RSB,would you not think for a moment that maybe you should not hide in weeds to try to catch a group that is about 99% honest law biding people .

would it been better to appraoch and say, FELLAS,DO YOU HAVE YOUR THROWABLE LIFE PRESERVERS , CAN I SEE THEM .

funny part was, DON WAS WEARING HIS LIFE PRESERVER BECAUSE HE DID NOT HAVEA THROWABLE LIFE PRESERVER IN HIS BOAT.

you dont have to wear your preserver in boat while fishing, he did so he could show he was safe without his THROWABLE PRESERVER.

and we always were going to have a boat right next to him so we could say WE HAD a throwable presrver seat to use.

all this meant NOTHING to buckman,he went by RULES and DON was fined.[:@]

now, i discussed this with a group of us fisherman and most said,HE WAS WRONG FOR NOT HAVING A THROWABLE SEAT,ITS RULES, i cant object to rules and no defense for don ..

BUT if it was SPROUL, i would have given him warning and checked his boat BEFORE it went into water

but i guess i would not last as a FISH WARDEN if i did.

Off subject,but what state was you fishing in? As far as I know, We never had to have a throw one. All it says is that there must be a life vest for each person on the boat and under a certain age must wear it at all times unless the boat is so big. Unless that is for large boats over so many feet that law replys to..
Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

sam, pa .has law you have to have a THROWABLE SEAT cushion and it must be handy to throw.

he arrested people for having the throwable one in the stroage compartment.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Throwable must be accessible to all on the boat. That is a little fine they love to give out to you. And if your sitting on it , it ruins thier day and you will receive the "by sitting on it it ain't usable lecture" I have a Sproul type story, I was water skiing w/ my Dad driving the boat and an old mutt in the boat as a watcher. He was a good watcher as if I fell he set to howling and my dad new I was down. Well this water ways gent shows up at our dock when we pulled in and asks where our watcher was..............He said he could see the watcher thru his glasses but couldn't make out who it was. Being honest we told him how it worked.............he starts laughing, gave us a warning and went on his way. This was the late 60's when these guys had it together and weren't so danged full of het up to write the allotment of tickets. How many are like that today? When the dog died i lost a good boat companion.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great story.

Quick Reply: Pa deer season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.