Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa deer season

Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 AM

Default RE: Pa deer season

Shot my biggest(outof 20)PA buck on SGL in 4c on October 4. Will not and did not get a doe tag. Probably should have and just kept it away from others.

Went scounting with my Bro y-day and saw a lot of good buck sign. Wishing I could be there but when that big boy came in the first day at 25 yds it was too easy to shoot.

Good luck to everybody. Have fun.

Weather looks ok for 4c.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'd be a lot more excited if I could shoot a doe in myunit.
thats not fun, rybo.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WillCz

Shot my biggest(outof 20)PA buck on SGL in 4c on October 4. Will not and did not get a doe tag. Probably should have and just kept it away from others.

Went scounting with my Bro y-day and saw a lot of good buck sign. Wishing I could be there but when that big boy came in the first day at 25 yds it was too easy to shoot.

Weather looks ok for 4c.
i passed on nice buck because there was laural in front of his shoulder and he was at 33 yards with wind blowing.

monday, there will be 150 hunters for week in that area after him, that was only buck i saw for 4 weeks of archery in western clinton county.

i am hoping the doe hunters do not come back on saturday to kill what doe we have left.

i just cant understand why with great doe hunting near their homes down south of pa that they come here to 2G and kill a doe.

they also get a DMAP tag to kill a few more here too.[:@]

WEATHER is awful here in clinton county right now, roads are frozen,HIGH WINDS,SLEET/RAIN.

its calling for same on monday.

there is weather alert for clinton until 2 am.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM

sproulman. I live around Reading PA in Suburbia. All day today I had 8 does and a Y buck in my backyard. I live in a hood with 500 houses. They wind their way around the houses and spend the night on the soccer field and crops near the flood plane where they cant build houses. Some hunters could definitely shoot a few of these doe. Up state has a real problem They need an historic fire and some logging and that will take care of a lot of problems.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

sproulman. I live around Reading PA in Suburbia. All day today I had 8 does and a Y buck in my backyard. I live in a hood with 500 houses. They wind their way around the houses and spend the night on the soccer field and crops near the flood plane where they cant build houses. Some hunters could definitely shoot a few of these doe. Up state has a real problem They need an historic fire and some logging and that will take care of a lot of problems.
go to front of CLASS.

why hunters come to WMU2Gshoot a DOE, i dont understand when they have better hunting at home.

i brought up same thing to DCNR and was told this.

SIR, MOST LIKELY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE H YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

they said,DONT YOU KNOW THERE ARE LIZARDS UNDER THOSE ROCKS.

this is true statement.

now,DCNR is doing some controlled burning but i heard they stopped.

unless the ground is burned and some trees cut to let in sunlight, you will never have anything for deer to eat.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well had an interesting first day here in 2B. Saw about 35 guys on and around our 90 acres farm. Deer were running all over in pure chaos. All i saw were doe, and the 2 big boys i was after got plugged on the nieghbors land so im basically hunting for the last buck that i think hasnt gotten shot. Seems everyones just pulling in and hunting wherever they want in 2B these days.

Im back at school at IUP now hopefully i can do some damage up here, that is if everybody and their brother isnt on the small farm i can hunt here.

Hope someone had a better day out then i did. Atleast the weather was ok around here
Old 12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

Well had an interesting first day here in 2B. Saw about 35 guys on and around our 90 acres farm. Deer were running all over in pure chaos. All i saw were doe, and the 2 big boys i was after got plugged on the nieghbors land so im basically hunting for the last buck that i think hasnt gotten shot. Seems everyones just pulling in and hunting wherever they want in 2B these days.

Im back at school at IUP now hopefully i can do some damage up here, that is if everybody and their brother isnt on the small farm i can hunt here.

Hope someone had a better day out then i did. Atleast the weather was ok around here
hunting here in wmu2g was terrible, clinton county..

my spot that i was going to hunt, 7 guys put treestands up.

they sat there ALL DAY.

it was terrible, i am not going out in wind like that ,cold as h.

they got my buck,nothing i can do,7 to 1 and they are diehard hunters too.

wind was 30 mph at times.

i just dont feel right sitting there in my stand when 7 others are all around me..

next year, i am going to spend all my time in ARCHERY , no more of this gun season in cold and all hunters around you.[:@]
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

This past summer back in August while up in the area to work on the cabin roof a buddy and I did a little spotting just after dark around the Keating MT areain W. Clinton Co.....in the middle of the Sproul State forest.

In only 1hr's time checking 3 spots and some casual "speed spotting" back to the cabin we spotted 8 or 9 legal bucks with 4 of them easily breaking the 125" mark with one of those a serious 140"+ 10pt bruiser that about popped my eyes out. Impressive deer even for a guy who hunts the midwest.[:-]
Lotsof does too.

I sure hope nobody kills them all this week since they are the last remaining deer in 2G.

I hope to make it up there Friday and Saturday because I know where to start looking anyway.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted 2B monday, you know the unit filled with trophy bucks and millions of deer.

AllI saw was a small spike around 730 AM. I think sproul put a voo-doo curse on me[8D]
Old 12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Weather looks ok for 4c.
i passed on nice buck because there was laural in front of his shoulder and he was at 33 yards with wind blowing.

monday, there will be 150 hunters for week in that area after him, that was only buck i saw for 4 weeks of archery in western clinton county.

i am hoping the doe hunters do not come back on saturday to kill what doe we have left.

i just cant understand why with great doe hunting near their homes down south of pa that they come here to 2G and kill a doe.

they also get a DMAP tag to kill a few more here too.[:@]

WEATHER is awful here in clinton county right now, roads are frozen,HIGH WINDS,SLEET/RAIN.

its calling for same on monday.

there is weather alert for clinton until 2 am.

sproul,there's good doe hunting in the south because it's all posted.The SGL's around here are like a barren waste land.And that's why they head north.

Quick Reply: Pa deer season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.