Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread >

Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread

Who's starting to get excited for it? I like bow season but until I'm really successful in it I rely on the gun seasons to fill my freezer. Who's getting excited? T minus 3 days.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread

No excitement here over any gun season. I will be out with the bow in NE Md.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Well poo poo to you too.

I understand why though. Gun season is the reason I don't go out with a bow after all the gun seasons are over. I'd only go out in bow only areas after gun season.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Same here, opening of "gun" season lost the thrill after I started bow hunting a few years back, My property borders a WMA and the deer trickle off the WMA all morning, "Boom-Flop".
But What I have learned to enjoy about opening day is "setting up" a youth or 1st time hunter and now My kids are getting old enough to go.

Slack
Old 11-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Not to excited about it either but I will be out there also hunting in NE Harford county will be out definetly thurs and fri morning and evening last chance before the war starts sat. will also be going sat and sunday dad will have the muzzleloader and I will be carrying my bow. mom is actually having dinner early on thursday so we can go in the evening. hopefully we will get something good luck to everybody. ps anyone have the walkie talkies turn them on scan on sat and sunday and just listen. when I get board while hunting I just sit back and listen sometimes the conversations are preatyinteresting.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bow Hunter

Not to excited about it either but I will be out there also hunting in NE Harford county will be out definetly thurs and fri morning and evening last chance before the war starts sat. will also be going sat and sunday dad will have the muzzleloader and I will be carrying my bow. mom is actually having dinner early on thursday so we can go in the evening. hopefully we will get something good luck to everybody. ps anyone have the walkie talkies turn them on scan on sat and sunday and just listen. when I get board while hunting I just sit back and listen sometimes the conversations are preatyinteresting.
Didn't you know that while talking on the walkie talkie the deer can't hear you? Also they can't hear you when BSing in the parking lot. Yeah, that is something I hate. I just stay away from all them and let them chase the deer to me.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is this Sunday one of the Sunday hunts in Md?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

yes
Old 11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Yes 11/30 is the Sunday open for firearms season in most counties that don't allow Sunday hunting. Hmmm... seeing as we can use bow during firearms season... does that mean we can use bow Sunday as well? I don't see why not, but thought I would get a consensus.

I will be out Thurs morning and all day Friday with my bow. As for Saturday/Sunday.... I am thinking that I will take my bow and sit on the far end of the property I hunt so that the orange army pushes them right to me.

Happy Thanksgiving Fellas.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

ok , since the only land i have been hunting all year is public and bow only the gun season only helps push the deer on that piece of land,
so i cant wait to bowhunt there wed or thursday of this week after the big push,

also i am pumped about opening day of gun i got picked to hunt in a lotery area in montgomery co , only 25 guys got picked to be there in sat. so for that im pretty pumped ,

[email protected]
check out my new local site if you get a chance , thanks
www.mdhuntingzone.com

Quick Reply: Yearly MD Shotgun Season Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.