Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Am I the only one who hates... >

Am I the only one who hates...

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Am I the only one who hates...

Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Am I the only one who hates...

Snow? I don't know why...buy I hate hunting in the snow. There was a couple inches of snow on the ground today for the first day of bear season and I actually called it a day at noon. I don't know what it is...but I just don't like snow.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Am I the only one who hates...

its just because your a wus and cant take the cold. LOL!!! Oh and you still cant hit the broadside of a barn. LOL!!![8D]
Old 11-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Yes, you might be the only person who hates hunting in the snow. I pray to God each and every year for us to have snow on the ground during arhery season and buck season. Snow makes it so much easier to see deer and easier to detect if there are branches in your way, etc.

But it definately would suck walking along a steep hill while driving for bears, that's for sure!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could see one not liking snow if there was 18" of it on the ground. It would be tough walking through it. But a couple of inches on the ground makes the visibility in the woods 1000% better. I don't know anyone who would not prefer this over not having any snow. Plus, tracking if necessary, is a whole lot easier with snow on the ground. Too many advantages with a little snow not to like it!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm yeahhhhhhhhh......
Old 11-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

lol yes you might be the only person i know that doesn't like hunting in the snow. I hate the wind, hate the cold and hate being wet but i love have nice blanket of soft, bright white snow!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

I love the snow and wish we had snow year round.

Snow doesn’t lie but people do. When there is snow people can tell me their fairy-tails but then I can walk out into the snow, see the truth and then look them right in the eye and tell them that they will have to tell me a new story now that matches the real story the way the snow tells it.

In the snow everyone leaves some evidence behind that is pretty easy to find, read, collect and use to convince a Judge. I love it when there is snow.

Besides doing law enforcement it is so much easier to see the stories of nature as well. I remember back one day I was out in the snow hiking around looking for snowshoe hare sign when I saw mouse tracks going across the trail toward an old stump. I almost didn’t notice but suddenly the tracks stopped. I looked thinking it must have gone under the snow but it hadn’t. Then I looked thinking it must have gone back the way it had come but it hadn’t. Then finally I saw where the wing tips had just so slightly touched the snow and there was a story told just as vividly as if it had been on a big screen TV of how one mouse had become the meal for one owl.

Another time I followed the tracks of a red fox as he/she chased a rabbit around for a pretty fair distance. In that case the rabbit won the chase though. A couple of years ago in the snow I saw where an adult doe walked under a large horizontal cherry limb about fifteen off the ground. I could also see where some of the back was knocked off that limb as a bobcat dropped straight down onto the back and neck of that doe. She only make it about eight feet before she was expired. The cat had also tried to burry what was left after he had fed on her.

All stories that were easily seen and understood because of the snow.

I love snow because it always make things easier to prove, understand and explain.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 11-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not metphysical abut it. I can see and track better in snow!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love hunting in snow. I just hate the cold these days!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

today I hate the snow, heavy, wet andcan't see 10 yards in front of me

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who hates...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.