Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Am I the only one who hates... >

Am I the only one who hates...

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Am I the only one who hates...

Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Am I the only one who hates...

I figured I'd be the only one who doesn't particularly care for snow. The cold never really bothers me too much (Grey Wolf Woolens). Oh well, guess I"ll be sucking it up next Monday and dealing with the mess.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Spike

I called it a day about 1:30, right after I shot a 363 lb Bear that I saw coming from a mile away! That couple inches of snow sure makes your drag easier.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Yup! Your the only one.I too pray for snow.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I like snow. Lots of snow.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here in the Finger Lakes region of New York State, we pray for snow for hunting season. I love to hunt in the snow and actually have decided not to go out some days because of a lack of snow on the ground. Here are my reasons for loving to hunt in the snow:

1. Much easier to spot game moving, especially when hunting deer in a treestand.
2. Very easy to track a hit animal, especially one that does not leave a good blood trail.
3. Easy to tell the amount and type of game frequenting your hunting area with snow tracks.
4. Snow makes for a fast & easy cleanup of your hands and knife after field dressing.
5. Snow is a great way to clean out a body cavity on a freshly dressed animal and cools it.
6. Snow makes it easy to tell if you have trespassers/poachers using your property.
7. Fresh snow makes a quick source of water if you forgot to take some with you & get thirsty.
8. My beagles LOVE to chase rabbits in the snow.
9. There is NOTHING PRETTIER than fresh snow on a landscape.

To Everyone- Have a safe hunting season and Happy Holidays to all.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've take 4 bear in PA and every one was on a nice sunny day. Never had any luck hunting them in the snow. Didn't stop me from going out though. Now deer, that's a different story. I love hunting deer in the snow. To a point anyway. After 12" of snow, it starts to be a bit hard walking for these old hips.
I remember one morning I was really tired, found a nice tree to sit down and put my back against. Sun shining on my face, dozed off for only a few minutes (I swear) and woke up to about 10" of snow on me, my rifle, and everything else.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

It's waay too cold, but makes for easy trackin
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

yes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

speaking for our area I prefer the snow wait till after the season to keep the doe kill in check.As it stands we might have two solid weeks of snow cover.Not good
I know it makes a huge difference in seeing the deer.I saw deer in the snow I wouldn't have ever seen without the snow.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I love the snow especially when you wack one and see all that nice blood everywhere........

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who hates...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.