HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   PA lady in OL (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/274922-pa-lady-ol.html)

bowhunter2117 11-22-2008 03:20 PM

PA lady in OL

the PA lady thats up for Palones seat on the BOC is in outdoor life contest
http://www.outdoorlife.com/article_gallery.jsp?ID=1000023178&index=21

piney 11-22-2008 05:18 PM

RE: PA lady in OL

Good for her!

Thekeystonecaptain 11-22-2008 05:38 PM

From all the comments on there I think most believe she doesnt deserve it.

Knowing a great deal abouther first-handand what she is all about, I would tend to agree. JMHO.[:'(]

RSB 11-22-2008 09:21 PM

The problem is that many of the comments weren’t made by the people that they are credits too. I strongly suspect the comments came from just a very few small minded people that have little to noreal knowledgeaboutMs. Davis other then she supports sound scientific wildlife management and has an environmental degree.

In some small minds anyone with an advanced education, instead of just an opinion, should be the subject of ridicule.

Those that posted that nonsense should be ashamed but on top of that they should also be held accountable for their gutless behavior and slanderous comments. The people that would make such disgusting and rude comments are really nothing more then a disgrace to the hunting fraternity.

R.S. Bodenhorn

bowhunter2117 11-22-2008 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RSB

The problem is that many of the comments weren’t made by the people that they are credits too. I strongly suspect the comments came from just a very few small minded people that have little to noreal knowledgeaboutMs. Davis other then she supports sound scientific wildlife management and has an environmental degree.

In some small minds anyone with an advanced education, instead of just an opinion, should be the subject of ridicule.

Those that posted that nonsense should be ashamed but on top of that they should also be held accountable for their gutless behavior and slanderous comments. The people that would make such disgusting and rude comments are really nothing more then a disgrace to the hunting fraternity.

R.S. Bodenhorn
RSB does Mrs. Davis have a degree in beer biology, vetenary science, biology, ecology or zoology with emphasis in mammalogy (the study of mammals), ornithology (the study of birds) you know the answer its no. her degree is in entomology (the study of bugs) she is far more suited to a position in the PA fish commission. Its funny you never elaborated on her educational shortcomings. What other state would even consider a person without proper training for such a leadership and policy making role on their Game commission. Her consideration was due to her support of policies that have split the hunters of PA in ways PITA could only dream of. Dont believe me hunters of Pa google her and find out for yourself who she iswhat she stands for andher background

Buck Hunter 1 11-23-2008 06:27 AM

RSB does Mrs. Davis have a degree in beer biology, vetenary science, biology,
I'd assume in college she was versed in beer biology?

bowhunter2117 11-23-2008 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

I'd assume in college she was versed in beer biology?
One thing I have learned never assumes anything. In any aspect of life you hire the professional best suited for the task at hand. In this case were talking animal management. Think of it this way you would never hire an eye surgeon to do heart bypass surgery simply because he was versed on the heart and circulatory system in med school. This lady continually preaches the need for deer herd reduction while she hunts posted land where the states deer program will never affect deer numbers. It’s easy to support a program when you don’t have to deal with its outcome. Her loyalties lie elsewhere and not to the hunters of PA who unlike other states totally fund our game commission and game management program

Cornelius08 11-23-2008 09:09 AM

One does not need a biology degree to be a commissioner. The agency has biologists that are hired by the commissioners. MOst of the commissioners have not had them. Unfortunately some of the wrong commissioners had a hand in selecting some of our current biologists.

On the other hand, I do not think that such extreme enviromental views and a track record of pushing for very nonfriendly to hunter agendas and voting against those she was supposed to represent should even be considered for the chair. Seeing as who has majority in the governors advisory council, I would not doubt she will get on.

I know this womans recent history in regards to enviromentalism, hunting[8D], and even a bit personally. Very friendly. But not in our hunters best interest by a long shot. Unfortunately much of what was said about her extreme views on conservation were right on the nose.

DennyF 11-23-2008 09:15 AM

She's not being "hired" for anything, but did apply for the volunteer position of commissioner on the PGC/Board of Commissioners. They are reimbursed for their expenses relating to meetings and PGC-related travel and draw no salaries.

Far as I know, none of the other PGCcommissioners are biologists. Some commissioners have hadcollege degrees, many haven't, especially over the 100+ year history of the PGC.They mostly tend to be business owners and otherswithpersonal knowledge/backgrounds in wildlife management, hunting, farming, forest management, education,etc.

From all the comments on there I think most believe she doesnt deserve it.

Based on what I've seen there, the majority of the assinine comments appear tohave come from the same handful of pinheads (mostly impersonating others, btw)who have contributed little but their own brand of simple-minded jibberishto the process. Iguess they think they've been very funny?

Great reflection on thehunters of PA, considering the comment sectionsfor the other OL nominees are primarily positive and serious in nature, not something usedfor childish pranks and inane comments.

Cornelius08 11-23-2008 09:19 AM

In all fairness Denny, I see that name thing going both ways. Funny you should be so selective in your condemnation.

I also see quite a few people who did not play those childish games that have real and legitimate concerns. The few goofballs do not imho take one bit of ligitimacy away from the others, some of which seem to be VERY knowledgable on what was said.

As for the distractors, that may have been their intent, but the passion and concern on the part of many show through despite their attempts.

In case you were wondering, I did make a post on there as well, and yes, it was in good taste. It was no "prank" or "inane" comment. Many others shouldnt be passed over in their concerns either because of 3 or 4 jokester posts which are not hard to decipher which handful of posts they are and ignore them.