HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   mass bow season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/274632-mass-bow-season.html)

buckmaster_27 11-20-2008 04:39 PM

mass bow season

well is anyone from mass having the same crappy season im having so far.deer sightings are far and few between.ever area i check has very little sign.rut what rut.its like they just disappeared.i dont get it.

Warrior697 11-20-2008 05:00 PM

RE: mass bow season

i hear ya. haven't seen anything in 3 weeks. Iv given up on bow, gonna see what happens during shotgun season. I am hearing from ALOT of people that they havn't seen crap. I think the western part of the state just doesn't have the deer like the eastern part.

sproulman 11-21-2008 09:37 AM

your state is not alone.

this is worst deer season in archery in 47 years i hunted in pa.

killing off doe and coyotes getting the fawns that are left.

boy, hunting we used to have here in WMU2G ,it was best in country,now, i feel it is about same as mass.

big ten 11-21-2008 01:53 PM

i hear ya what rut? in zone 6 ma. no signs of the rut, no chasing, not many scrapes or rubs, not many deer checked in either. you would think with this super cold weather now they would have to be up and moving and feeding on what little food there is, seeings how there are no acorns. i dont think a deer can be bedded down for 10 hours of daylight with cold weather like this. i do think that this is all related to not much food, and they've got to know this. and thats why theres not much chasing and scraping.

Planter 11-22-2008 06:01 PM

I saw alot of deer in Z11 early on and actually passed a couple of small 6 and 8 pt bucks which I don't usually do. Then things flattened out right.I was seeing so few deer that whena 6 pt came in chasing does on 11/10 I just had to whack him.

It's the weirdest rut I've ever seen. Bucks are still starting rubs here but scapes are going untouched for days. I think alot of does are waiting to get nailed..

I would be just fine if we could hunt right up until shotgun. What the heack is the break for.

bbahunter 11-22-2008 06:14 PM

I agree guys, 90 % of my trailcam pictures have been nocturnal movement times. Early october, before bow started, they were moving fairly predictable. This is a screwy rut though.I hunt areas with low deer densities, and hunt thick areas, but i only saw 4 deer, that is pretty dismal!

buckmaster_27 11-23-2008 06:08 PM

of course the last day with the cold temps and wicked wind the deer finally move. i saw a big 8 or 10 pt at 11 am way to far for a shot. and at 2:15 2 does come into me at 10 yds and no doe tag.just my luck.

oldvt.bowhunter 11-25-2008 09:57 AM

buckmaster_27

We are practically neighbors and I agree
100% wth you.Really crappy,strange year.
The deer have dissappeared on me!!

Western MA Hunter 11-26-2008 12:19 PM

I am in Berkshire County, Massachusetts.... with a few exceptions, most of my buddies and I have had slower than normal seasons. A couple guys have seen quite a bit, but I can't say the same... It just plain sucked this year out here...