Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Huge Steuben County Buck??? >

Huge Steuben County Buck???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Huge Steuben County Buck???

Old 11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Huge Steuben County Buck???

must be a bad chemical leak around that jail to produce such genetics... just kidding
Old 11-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

MJR10,

Have you heard anything about a monster being killed in Mitchellsville by a 15 yr. old? Stopped in to the bowhop here in Prattsburgh today to show the owner (guy who killed the 167) the pic. of the 17-pt. and he told me about this Mitchellsville buck...saidits a bruiser with a real wide rack. Just trying to confirm it.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't heard about the Mitchellsville buck yet, but will if it is true I am sure. I tend to hear about most deer in the area. I did see pictures of a 12 point typical taken in the Presho (near addison) area that will go in the 160's.

Hopefully I can post pics of something I shoot this weekend instead of some hog somebody else shot in my neck of the woods!!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Would love to see pics of that Addison deer...he sounds like a beast. He was the last monster roaming the woods of Steuben County, right? Nothing left here but spikes and forkhorns now...lol.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Just a cool little update to this thread...

I was talking to my uncle about this 17-pt. yesterday...apparently,the son of abuddy of his from Bath has this buck's shed froms last year(scoring 176" typical).He also has trailcam pics of the deer from the past three years. This deer had two "normal" antlers the previous two years with no droptines. There are severalpoints, including a droptine on the deformed antler of the current rack that werebroken off at the time that he was killed. Also,the rumor is thathe had been "stuck" in the hindquarters by a bowhunter twoweeks prior to last weekends gun season opener.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Wow WNY Bowhunter we seem to know the same people or something. Iactually had a picture of the kid holding thesheds from lastlast year and I am trying to get them again. He acually had them mounted and it is pretty impressive I guess.

I too heard that some guys from the county highway shop by the jail watched a guy get out of his truck and lob an arrow at this deer from 70+ yards and hit it...not much else to the story though...if I get the pictures of the sheds I'll add them to this thread...I was almost thinking it wasn't the same deer because the sheds from last year were a lot more impressive than the deer this year...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,
I will be going down to stuben/Allegany county tomorrow and or wednesday to get a chance to use the short mag. I call on some farms in the cohocton/ wayland area. Is there much for state land around there on the hills? thinking about checking dutch hill out. Let me know if you guys want an extra gunner down that way.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, my Uncle said thattheyhad the sheds mounted. He was actually the one who calledhis buddy up to break the newsthatthe deer was killed. I guess the guys kid took it pretty hard.

I heard thattwo younger guys(my uncle knowstheir names)performed a "texas heartshot" on the deer at 60+ yds. down by the jail.

I would love to see pics of the sheds if you can get them...
Old 11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

whats a texas heart shot? they both shot it in the heart?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know how to explain it other than it refers to shooting a deer in the "pooper" as its walking away...[:'(].

Quick Reply: Huge Steuben County Buck???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.