Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Huge Steuben County Buck??? >

Huge Steuben County Buck???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Huge Steuben County Buck???

Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Huge Steuben County Buck???

Anyone here about the 17 point non-typical shot in Bath out by the jail? I guess it scored over 200 inches. I saw pictures on a cell phone, but have not had any e-mailed to me. I believe it to be true because I had heard about this deer during archery season and know people that had seen it out in the field. I'll update this with pictures if I get them or someone else can if they get pictures...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Huge Steuben County Buck???

Here ya go...! I'd like to see some more and better pics of this dude.

My cousin just emailed me this photo. His dad owns land on the Hammondsport end of Mt. Washington and said thatthe deerwas taken pretty close to there. So, it was killed by the jail?

Anyways, he's not even close to a 200 incher but a pretty unique lookingnon-typical none the less. Too bad that left side is so jacked up.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big buck, yes,
unique buck, yes,
200 hunge, no way
Cool buck though congrats to hunter
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

That deer is a trophy that no score can justify.It appearsthat he's have tobe scoredon atypical 5X2 frame. Now, if it had equallymatched sides he might go in the 180's I'm guessing?

So, no, def. not a 200 incher but I think that I'dhave still whacked him though....

Canuck,

Did you hear who won that contest at Bristol? Just curious if my friend's 167 ended up taking it. He's already got the deer at a different taxidermist anyways.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure when I entered he was still in 1st and at the time mine took 2cd but I'm sure I got knocked off. Figured I would wait to see if I got one with a gun to enter before I stopped by to see who won. There were only 5 other bucks in when I entered mine on Nov. 1st.I knew he was going to mount it elsewhere. Giving a mount away is tough, I didn't even keep the cape I already did a half euro with mine. Could always mount next years I guess.

I had a slob of a 10 point probab;y 160+/- the other night at 70 yards but on land I have access to but can't hunt so I had to watch him walk. Heartbreaker but hopefully he will be back around and cross into my slice of paradise. How have you guy's been making out?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Dang, with that droptine he looks pretty similiar (right side anyways) to that monster 204" gross bowkilltaken inCampbell in '05. If this new buck was killed by the jail...there's only a few miles seperating them.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does look genetically like the cambell buck
Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

The huntings been pretty slow. Hopefully, the crappy opening weekend weather saved a bunch of young bucks.

I've heard of a few nicedeer being taken in the area but nothing too big yet. My cousin shot a really nice 10-pt sat. morning but lost the trail in the rain. He followed the tracks of a pack of coyotes in the snow yest. morning in the areawhere they had lostit andended up findingwhat was left of the deer. Haven't seen it yet but sound like he might be 140 class. My uncle's father-in-law hit a monster 10-pt. sunday morning. They tracked him all afternoon and lost him too. Sucks cause my uncle had him @15 yds. bedded with a doe the last day of bowseason and couldn't get a shot.

Good luck on that bruiser that you saw!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man to bad about the lost and found deer, always drives home the fact that a good clean shot needs to be made in order to land big bucks like that. I agree with the action it has been slow, a day here and there are really good then very little other days. I have ton of standing corn whish I think is hiding most of the deer butI agree with crappy weatherandthe standing corn I just hope a bunch of the younger class and medium class bucks make it by the yahoos and the first week of carnage. My nieghbors brought in 3 good 4-5 year old bucks the first day but they hunt huge amount of land around the areas I hunt and they have about a 15 pumpkin man crew to drive them out of their hidy holes.

My buddy and I are heading down to hunt his ground in Wayland tomorrow it always has some studs roaming around there so hopefully we can locate one. Good luck to you as well.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Yep that's the one I was talking about. I agree no way near 200 inch deer, but that is what I was told and the cell phone pictures I saw were hard to see. None teh less I would have shot him....

Quick Reply: Huge Steuben County Buck???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.