Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY.Gun Season

Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NY.Gun Season

shot a doe opening afternoon.
haven't been out since..

Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't rain yet when I went out on opening day in Delaware county, but it started coming down heavily at about 8:30. Decided to stick it out. The rain let up, but the wind started picking up big time and I decided to get down off my tree stand and hunt from another favorite spot on the ground at about 9:30. At about 10:15 a rather heavy horned buck with only 3 points comes wandering by the exact area where I was hoping something would. I shot and my buck tag is filled for the year. Next morning my uncle shoots a coyote and then at about 9:30 sees two does and shoots one while the other goes up the hill to where I was standing and I shoot the other one. Third morning, our friend who was hunting with us decides to hunt a totally different spot from where he hunted the first two mornings and shoots a 3 point buck also. Three of us hunted 2 1/2 days, and got 4 deer. We are not complaining in the least!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Took a spike in 7M with bow-I thought it was a doe as it was near dusk when I shot it, Hunting Illegally eh? Lol.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made it back from VA and sat Friday am behing my house with bow & saw nothing. Was lucky enough to get a doe Sat. am at my camp at 7:15 (jumped another deer on way out). Dressed the deer and sat (in the rain for another hour or so. Back to camp for breakfast, dry clothes and off to visit some other friends camp for rest of the day. Jumped another deer Sun. am.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Took a spike in 7M with bow-I thought it was a doe as it was near dusk when I shot it, Hunting Illegally eh? Lol.
If you noticed i posted this messsage on 11/18 and said I had been hunting for about 10 days. That means i started hunting around the 7 th or 8th. The spike was shot on 11/12 in 7m remember you get both an anterless tag and a tag for either sex when archery hunting. I shot it near dusk maybe 5 minutes before sunset so how am I hunting illegally?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

I loved it...

And, yes, I had my orange on, I took it off for this pic

Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BHW, nice buck

Wheres fairport?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:17 PM
MagnumMan308

I've been in the woods 3 days, All day opener, Monday evening and Tuesday evening. Opener was good for nothing but getting wet, I saw 2 deer in the evening, but it was durring a downpour, and they were in the boogie, no chance for a shot. Monday I saw 3deer late, couldent place any antlers, so they walked; Tuesday was a bust.

Still better than last year, I'm atleast on the deer, hopefully we'll see antlers in this next week or so, I've got every day off to hunt.

BTW, nice deer to the guys who posted pics

Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LIAF

If you noticed i posted this messsage on 11/18 and said I had been hunting for about 10 days. That means i started hunting around the 7 th or 8th. The spike was shot on 11/12 in 7m remember you get both an anterless tag and a tag for either sex when archery hunting. I shot it near dusk maybe 5 minutes before sunset so how am I hunting illegally?
Legal sunset on 11/12 was 4:46 pm.
If you shot before then, you where legal.
NYS is sunrise to sunset - not dawn to dusk - many confuse the two - not saying you did/do.

Steve
Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

ORIGINAL: LIAF

NYS is sunrise to sunset - not dawn to dusk - many confuse the two - not saying you did/do.

Steve
Im saying this w/ out checking the regs book mind you , but I thought legal shooting time was 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset?

Quick Reply: NY.Gun Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.