Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEW YORK Rut Activity? >

NEW YORK Rut Activity?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEW YORK Rut Activity?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NEW YORK Rut Activity?

Has anyone in NY been seeing any sort of rut activities starting to increase?
So far for me the only thing ive seen, was a nice buck i had never seen before come out 10 minz after first seeing light.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEW YORK Rut Activity?

Nothing this morning, sat for 5 hrs in a fresh new spot that has tons of sign. I havent seen a deer on stand in my last 5 hunts this year. Last year I was seeing at least 5 does and some small bucks everyday in the same spot

Every night and morning ,on the way to my land, I see tons of deer though, just so freak'n nocturnal this year for some reason.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

They are laying scrapes and rubbing in my spots. Haven't been out since Sunday however,don't know what the high temps are doing to the rut.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

I agree, they are very nocturnal this year.I know they are out there. ( trail cam pics)Last yearthe first week of NovemberIsaw lots of bucks. Maybe it's the weather.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

I went out this past weekend and saw a LOT of rutting activity. Saturday afternoon i saw a small buck chasing a doe...at 1pm! The Sunday morning I sat on a new stand and saw two different bucks chasing doe. My father found a huge scrape the other day and I'm starting to see more and more rubs.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM

I hunt in Orange County and this is the second morning I have grunted/rattled small bucks in. Monday I had a bigger two year old buck chase a small four pointer out from under me. Hopefully when the temps drop in a few days it will really spark things up. Took next week off of work to be in the woods beforethe gun show.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Spike

I have seen some scrapesmade the last week in Oct.I shot a 10 point in his bed on Oct 31 2008. The buck was beded in some Hemlocks next to a blow down tree.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

I had a nice buck come by me opening weekend chasing a doe. Last weekendi had 3 small bucks chasing the same doe.I guess it all depends on where you are.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

We had bucks with does last w/e in Gainesville. Lots of guys are saying it has started. The problem now is 70 degree weather. Hoping it gets cold this w/e!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back from hunting Tues and Wed. Didn't see anything. It was warm. By the time I got to my stands I was drenched in sweat.

Quick Reply: NEW YORK Rut Activity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.