Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland RUT

Old 11-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maryland RUT

Wow the weather really stinks. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow afternoon. But Saturday seems like a wash. That means Monday afternoon but the may be done by then. What do you all think?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing yet ???
Saw 6-8 does over 4 hours Thursday afternoon, just browsing through.
I have seen no sign of ANY rutting activity and have been out everyday for the last week on 5 properties.

Did I miss something ???

Slack
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure what is happening this year. Hunted everyday the past 2 weeks. Seen very little rutting activity. then thursday and friday seen 2 bucks each bedded down with a doe. Then friday rode around a bit and watched a buck mount a doe 4 times. Very little chaseing if anywas going on in the past 2 weeks. very few rubs or scraps around either.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone going out this week?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Heading out in the morning,
This makes day 8 in a row (excluding Sunday), nothing rutting yet.

Nick
Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I went out this afternoon. Nothing moving but squirrels. It may be done.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Done ??
It never started !!
I mean we hunted hard for 8 days

Nick
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Given years past... and the general history of the rut in Maryland... it is by no way done. I saw pushing 2 weeks ago, but that was pretty early in the game as the does wanted nothing to do with the buck chasing them. I didn't get out last week, but my Dad said that he heard a lot of chasing several evenings.

From what I saw by doing some scouting this weekend with my girlfriend... we jumped several does that were paired with a lone buck in northern Harford county. Thats not to say that all the breeding is over or even halfway over... I just got a feeling that a lot of the "big" boys are currently locked down with one particular doe until she gives them the green light. I'm also seeing A LOT... and I mean A LOT of scrape activity in Harford county. If I can... I plan to be in the woods all day Friday and Saturday... and hopefully an evening one day this week.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well I think I'm going to give it one more try before gun season. I'm going out this Saturday. Hopefully it isn't as windy and it is just COLD. That should make them move in the morning.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some of my buddies got deer early this past week or the week before, and one saw a spike breed a doe two weeks ago. Unfortunately,prime buck movement may be about over, at least in southern Maryland.

Quick Reply: Maryland RUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.