Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

Interesting that new england has them, the midwest has them, and the southeast has them
Please show where New England and the SE outside of Fl has verified wild populations.

Steve
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Sproul, one of these days someone will prove it. They will kill the cougar, take dozens of pictures, with dozens of witnesses, take a DNA sample in the presence of those witnesses, and deliver it to a neutral science lab to be analyzed before the PGC orDCNR gets their grubby hands on the cat and starts the cover up.They had better be able to stage a justified killing with a good story and stick to it. And done properly they willl blow this right out of the water, and then you and I and everyone else will be laughing instead of ridiculed constantly. My brother came closer to accomplishing this feat than you could imagine. His fear of the consequences kept him from pulling the trigger on his 7mm mag at a distance under 100 yards. he still regrets it to this day. Outdoor Life just ran an article on the expanding range of the big cats. Interesting that new england has them, the midwest has them, and the southeast has them...yet NOTHING IN BETWEEN?..... Gimme a break.The reason for the cover up is public alarm,( and possible PGC or DNR involvement in the 1970's)population centers in the northeast would be in A PANIC. (Even though there are so few of them the threat would be terribly low.)
i had to think a little i was VERY CLOSE to that COUGAR.

i know my words to carl was WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

i know not getting a track or seeing lots of tracks and sighting ,most would think i am lier or was mistaken.

but seeing only 1 in my lifetime over 47 years in a area i dont usually hunt.

but this area is where coal miners are seeing a cougar late at night.

they work 3 shifts and are on those dirt roads 24/7.

i still feel that cougars are moving a lot,not staying in same area or have a big area they cover.

when you read they go from state to state like 1 killed in chicago that went over 1,000 miles in 9 monthsCONFIRMED by the us wildlife and that was 3rd one killed in that area too.

only thing i can guess at is there are not many and their territory must be large.

its like in hammersly fork area of clinton county, we were getting reports there,then all of sudden, no reports from hunters.

it has to be they are roaming the 1,000 miles as proven from state to state until they find where they want to be.

as for not finding tracks, i cant answer that.

for not getting hit by car, cant answer that also.

i had archery hunter last year that i TRUST what he saw.

he said it had a 3 ft tail dragging on ground.he was in a treestand .

this was about 6 miles from keating,pa on the bitumen mountain in clinton county.

strange part is, almost all sighting are usually from june to end of oct.

i know this is when a lot of people are in woods,maybe thats reason.

i think people are MISTAKEN and are seeing a bobcat too.

but, when you have hunters like us ,that i know dont lie and know what they saw,I BELIEVE IT.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

but, when you have hunters like us ,that i know dont lie and know what they saw,I BELIEVE IT.
And my all time favorite thread proving that just because people are hunters they know the difference between a Bobcat and a Mt. Lion. LOL
This is THE perfect example of why it will take a dead body drug onto the PGC front stoop.
Here we have a clear picture, a STILL image not a fleeting glimpse of an animal and just look at how many people STILL think it's a Mt. Lion![:-]
No scale yet they know the size, obvious telltale signs of a bobcat yet they see what they want to see.

I trust NOBODY's account of seeing a Mt. Lion in the wild and this thread is exactly the reason why.

Read it for a good laugh.......and remember you share the woods with some of these guys.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1195602&mpage=1&key=�
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: sproulman

And my all time favorite thread proving that just because people are hunters they know the difference between a Bobcat and a Mt. Lion. LOL
This is THE perfect example of why it will take a dead body drug onto the PGC front stoop.
Here we have a clear picture, a STILL image not a fleeting glimpse of an animal and just look at how many people STILL think it's a Mt. Lion![:-]
No scale yet they know the size, obvious telltale signs of a bobcat yet they see what they want to see.

I trust NOBODY's account of seeing a Mt. Lion in the wild and this thread is exactly the reason why.

Read it for a good laugh.......and remember you share the woods with some of these guys.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1195602&mpage=1&key=�
that tail endlooks like about size of my pee pee anymore.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sproul........too much info buddy.

Sproul's pee pee aside....... look at that picture and then look through the 300 replies at how many people see a Mt. Lion, and they have all day to stare at the picture and evaluate.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell em Sproul.It's not the size of the army.It's the fury of the attack.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

good lord
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Tell em Sproul.It's not the size of the army.It's the fury of the attack.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Sproul........too much info buddy.

Sproul's pee pee aside....... look at that picture and then look through the 300 replies at how many people see a Mt. Lion, and they have all day to stare at the picture and evaluate.
Makes me laugh my ass off too Matt.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

Smile Black Mountian Lion Sighting in PA

Today I was looking out the window and thought I saw a black bear in the back field by my house. Then it stood up and I saw a very long body and tail like a cat. We tried to get a closer look at it but we just saw that it had black fur that was a bit long. It was definately a cat of some sort. We've just come to the conclusion it was a mountian lion. We have pictures of the paw prints and of the droppings left behind in the snow. We plan on calling the PA Game Commission tomorrow morning to come and check out the prints.

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.