Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

ORIGINAL: sproulman

there was a cougar shot in chicago,ill.

they had blood from femalecougar , i believe in south dakota.
they took blood from cougar killed in chicago and it MATCHED.

SO, THEY FIGURE THAT THIS cougar COVERED over 930 miles in 9 months to chicago.

this may answer why we see cougar in so many places here in pa ,they may be passing thru.

i think if COUGAR stayed in area, we would have more pictures and sighting in certain area.

i believe now, they are on move always from state to state.
This was a young male cougar from the Dakota's. He was spotted by a farmer in Wisconsin and the cougar cut his foot on a piece of sheet metal. When the cops unloaded on the thing, (which is beyond me why they did) the blood from Wisconsin matched that of this cougar. He was just looking for new territory and got stuck in Chicago and was trying his hardest to find a way out. I feel the same way everytime I have to go visit the arm pit of America. IL. has produced three dead bodies of wild cougars in 5 yrs. It would not suprise me at all to see a small breeding population of cats in Souther IL in my lifetime.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree, people are to quick to shoot a COUGAR.

just think if i would have shot the COUGAR i saw in pottersdale,pa.
we would have had a CONFIRMED cougar, no doubt about that.

but i would never do that unless he tackled ole sproul,which i doubt most cougars are only interested in getting away.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

If people in Pennsylvania shot the mountain lions they saw we would be arresting them for killing a bobcat in closed season or without a permit.

We would likely have to close the present day bobcat season to compensate for all of the misidentification of bobcats by people that thought they were shooting a lion.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Many years ago I killed a very large feral cat with thick fur,up near camp. When I spotted him in thehayfield (emerging spring grass), first thought it was a fox until I got him in the 10x50s for an ID.

That feral tomcathad shown upat my uncle's farm and had killed two of his farm cat toms pretty much on the day it appeared. That thing wasreddish-yellow, almost orange in color, had a tail nearlyas long as its body and could've easily weighed 40+lbs, had it been domesticated and fed regularly.

Had it been out in the open at 200 yards instead of partially concealed in the grass, would've resembled a mini cougar from that distance.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RSB

If people in Pennsylvania shot the mountain lions they saw we would be arresting them for killing a bobcat in closed season or without a permit.

We would likely have to close the present day bobcat season to compensate for all of the misidentification of bobcats by people that thought they were shooting a lion.

R.S. Bodenhorn

anyone that thinks a LITTLE bobcat is COUGAR ,i guess if you never saw BOBCAT before, that could happen.

WHEN SEASONED HUNTERS LIKE I KNOW AND OLE SPROUL IN WOODS 3 TIMES A WEEK FOR LONGTIME,TELLS YOU THEY SAW COUGAR,LIKE E.F.HUTTON ,YOU BETTER LISTEN..

at 15 ft away waving his orangish tail at me and SCREACHED at me,oh, i forgot,its called TAWNY,it was COUGAR.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

and they run like monkeys! LMAO
Old 11-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: moose1915

YES they do.it reminded me of one of those ORANGE NASTY MONKEYS YOU SEE ON TV on way they run away from back end view,

go laugh, but thats way it ran.

my dog did it the other day too,i was trying to pinch his butt and he tucked his butt down and ran.

look same way that COUGAR ran .
Old 11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dog did it the other day too,i was trying to pinch his butt and he tucked his butt down and ran.

I just spit coffee all over my computer!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just spit coffee all over my computer!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

We have a new lead in the case guys....A mountain lion was seen 4.8 miles from the last sighting. (I did that on google earth so I know it's right. That was my guess anyways..) I think it might have been the same one. It could travel that far easyly.

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.