Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

chicago cougar, yes there were 2 killed there and both WILD.1 was confirmed that he traveled a LONG way in just 9 months.sad both were shot........
douge our sighting in clinton county have almost stopped,i have not heard of 1 report in last 2 yrs.that alone is something too.
with all gas wells being drilled, i would bet that sighting increase but those guys may be seeing a bobcat as they are not around things like this, so we may get a lot of false calls too.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

i used to have this cougar experts e-mail.
You talking about the guy that used to post here?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Charlie P
You talking about the guy that used to post here?
i think his name was MONTANA MAN,not sure i had virius in my computer and lost all my records mostly......
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

Default What I'm about to say is mind boggling.

I know for a fact that Cougars are here in PA. I know this because just outside of state college on Rt. 150 there is a breeder that sells them. Often people buy these exotic animals and then figure out that they cannot afford to feed them. This explains why every mountain lion killed since the turn of the 19th century is of latin american descent.
Now I am going to explain the real mystery. I go to college here in Lock Haven, PA and I am an environmental biology student. I spend a great deal of time in the Sproul State Forest ( one of the most remote areas in the NE US look on google earth). I go out and study all of the flora and fauna and can pretty much call myself a naturalist. The last mountain lion was killed in 1871 in the sproul state forest. In 1994 plaster casted tracks of a mountain lion were collected near Tamarack( also part of the sproul state forest). On 2/2/2010 I collected a piece of scat that was 7 1/2 inches long with deer hair and bone fragments twisted throughout. I am almost positive it is from a Cougar. It is way to big for a Bobcat and it looks nothing like Bear scat. This has me thinking. I know that odds of a breeding population of cougars in the NE is nearly impossible.
The real question is whether or not this **** came from a captive bred or wild cougar. All the captive bred cougars are declawed. Could it really be possible for a declawed cougar to successfully hunt when it was not even raised in the wild? It is possible, but seems very unlikely.
Right now the scat is on its way in the mail to the Eastern Cougar Research Network in West Virginia. Its DNA will then be tested to confirm whether or not it is from a cougar. If anybody has any other ideas about this mystery please share them. This is some serious ****.
Attached Thumbnails  Mountain lions in PA!-p2031610.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why must we go threw this every few months?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

where did you find that terd? tamarack is heart of SPROULMANS territory, i know it like book.heck i wrote book.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Spike

Default Mysterious Turd

I am not claiming to believe that Mountain Lions have been breeding here in PA for over a century without there being any evidence. All I am saying is that I found that piece of scat and it looks way to big to be from a coyote or bobcat. The tapered ends suggest a coyote, but with a drier diet Mtn. Lion scat can become tapered as well. I have never heard of a 7 1/2 in. coyote turd, but if anyone has please make me aware of it. It is also true that coyotes could have deer hair( from carrion) and bone fragments in their scat as well. Also take into consideration that when I found the scat is was very old and dried out, so the volume most likely decreased. The head of the eastern cougar research network is paying for the DNA test just based off the pictures he saw. I am not making a bull **** claim, but I am putting the evidence infront of you and asking for some opinions.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Spike

Bowtruck, did you even read what I wrote. Can you even read? I know you cannot write. Through*
Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowtruck
Why must we go threw this every few months?
Lions, tigers and bears.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TheMtnLife
Bowtruck, did you even read what I wrote. Can you even read? I know you cannot write. Through*
dont let our buddies get to you. just talk like you are ,dont get worked up and see if you can get back to us on this..

i hunt this area and have not seen or heard of cougar repert.
could you tell where you found it.
i would say it can only be 2 animals to make terd that big, coyote/cougar.......most of terds i see in tamarack are about4 inchs long and made by coyote..........

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.