Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any NY monsters on the ground? >

Any NY monsters on the ground?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any NY monsters on the ground?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any NY monsters on the ground?

Has anyoneheard of any big boys beingtaken yet?

The owner of the bowshop here in my town took this Steuben County bruiser (167 2/8 gross) on the second afternoon of the season. He's a tank...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any NY monsters on the ground?

I hunt Steuben County and haven't had much luck myself. That Prattsburgh buck is the only good one I have hread about. I have Nov 6th-14th off though and hopefully some good ones will be on their feet...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be up in Steuben for gun season. My cousin used to live in Prattsburg, and we hunted there regularly. Lots of great bucks in that area for sure. I remember hunting near some onion fields (of all things). Anyway, that's a dandy buck. Congrats to that hunter.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great buck. Activity has been low I have seen a bunch of young bucks and only 2 140+ buck but at first and last light. I put a trailcam up on a plot and got 5good bucks on it in one night all after 10 pm so they are still night prowlers. Saw one nice 2 1/2 last night on his feet early so I'm hoping things kick up in the next few days.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

I'll be up in Steuben for gun season. My cousin used to live in Prattsburg, and we hunted there regularly. Lots of great bucks in that area for sure. I remember hunting near some onion fields (of all things). Anyway, that's a dandy buck. Congrats to that hunter.
I think that you're referring to "the muck," of off bean station road. This guy was taken less than a mile up the road from there.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly where that is my wife and I hikeoff bean station road
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Canuck33

Thats a great buck. Activity has been low I have seen a bunch of young bucks and only 2 140+ buck but at first and last light. I put a trailcam up on a plot and got 5good bucks on it in one night all after 10 pm so they are still night prowlers. Saw one nice 2 1/2 last night on his feet early so I'm hoping things kick up in the next few days.
Things have been pretty slow for me up to this point too. I've seen quite a few nice bucks roaming around this year prior to season. Surprisingly, I've found very little sign so far. Did some scouting in an awesome location today where I expected to find some seriousrubs/scrapes but onlysaw ahandful of each. Thefull blown rutting activity doesn't look like its gonna kick any time soon.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

BoyI hope that's not the case I have all next and part of the following week off and I hope to nail the rut dead on
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Canuck33

BoyI hope that's not the case I have all next and part of the following week off and I hope to nail the rut dead on
That makes two of us. I'm on vacation starting sat. and am off through Veterans Day.

Saw 25 does/fawns out in a field by the house last night...only two scrubs out there with them. Seems like the big boys should start checking on the doe groups any time now. I really haven't even heard of any rutting activity going down. Hopefully, things will start pickingup over the nextweek or so.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice buck , Congads .
I hunt Stueben also but wont be up till the gune season .
Do me a favor and save me one .
Some years we hit it on the nose and bucks are everywere chasing the doe,s other years were scratching our heads ??

Quick Reply: Any NY monsters on the ground?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.