HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/268260-where-all-southern-tier-ny-bow-hunters.html)

stretchhunts 10-15-2008 04:22 PM

Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

2 more days and no posts about the southern tier opener. Anyone not sleeping ? I' might go sleep in my stand Friday night. I'm so ready for our season to start. It's been a REAL LONG YEAR.:D

DeerandbearhoG 10-15-2008 04:41 PM

RE: Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

I spent the past 2 months sitting on my butt waiting for it to get here and now its almost here and Im scrambleing to get all that last minute "check list" stuff done. Im pretty much good to go now, though. Ill spend the next two mornings before work doing some last min. pre season scouting.

WNY BOWHUNTER1101 10-15-2008 05:18 PM

im here i can't wate for the season to start!! my bow is shooting to good , i'm very excited!! and im useing rage this year!

Canuck33 10-15-2008 05:23 PM

Man I can't sleep either, more prepared then ever and that allot, I know the booners are there so anticipation is everything. I made the big jump to the rage this year too, it has been nothing but impressing me since they hit the market hopefully it works out. good luck guy's lets see the updates

stretchhunts 10-15-2008 05:52 PM

I'm using Rage this year also. I hope they work as good as I hear. I am down from not having my trail Camera this but I think it's better b/c now I'm dying to see what we have on our land.

turkeygirl2 10-15-2008 06:29 PM

I've been so busy with nursing school, I still have yet to tune my broadheads, which will be tomorrow. But my bow is shooting great. Need to get the camo out and ready, backpack packed, new coat should arrive Friday. I believe we are spending all Saturday and Sunday morning at the neighbor's place about an hour south of here...he got some trail photos of some nice bucks.

With the way nursing is going, I should try and fill my tags early, as much as I love being in the woods.

ewags66 10-15-2008 06:41 PM

Heading down to camp Friday morning. I also am trying the Rages out this year. I was down there last weekend to do some final tweaking on shooting lanes, lots of acorns, apples and a couple of fresh scrapes. Good luck to everyone....

BuckAlley 10-15-2008 06:50 PM

I've been out chasing deer!! My seasons alreadly rockin! I bought a New Bowtech General in June. I wore out my last bow of 6 seasons. Went to Colorado for 3rd wk archery Elk season. Didn't get anything, but had a blast. Wish I was still out there! 9/27 was in my stand bright & early for my actual opener. Passed on 2 small bucks. That evening I had a good 7pt come in, and stuck him. He went 50yds & dropped. I'll stick with my trusty NAP Razorbaks! I passed on 2 more bucks, and couple doe since then. Watched a small buck run a small doe all over the woods up here. Been seeing scrapes & rubs all over. Now that rifle starts Sat. 18th in North, I can't wait to head south, and hopefully the action will continue!!
Good luck all:)

Doefever 10-15-2008 10:28 PM

Oh yeah, Saturday is almost here. Usually quiet this early but I love going on opening day anyway. Plus, you never know!

stretchhunts 10-16-2008 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Doefever

Oh yeah, Saturday is almost here. Usually quiet this early but I love going on opening day anyway. Plus, you never know!

I'll hunt Sat and Sun then back to work but I took the next week off. Good Luck and post some pics if you get anything.