Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters? >

Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

I'm getting out sat and sun in the southern tier near franklinville. cant wait!!! Does anyone hunt Bush Hill state land in Farmersville? I want to check that area out this year and never hunted it.
Any pointers would help.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm as ready as I've ever been in my life. Looks like a cool down is coming just in time. I'll be out morning and afternoon (with some all day sits during the rut mixed in) from day one until they tell me I have to leave the woods.[8D]
Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I'm right here. I'm a Northern zone guy that moved to the Southern zone. I've had the itch to get out because we start earlier up there. Anyhow, I'm going to get out Sat. for the opener. Seen some nice rubs down here. Can't wait to draw on something!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm ready. Can't wait.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

please tell me i missed something..... i would like to use rage broadheads but were told that they are illegal in new york..... because when they open there considered barbed(will not pull back out with out catching) ... could someone please clarify
Old 10-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to my southern tier brothers! Stay safe and wear a harness.

I will be down to hunt with you in earlier Nov. Save a deer for me.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I will be out in the am for sure and the pm and the next am...... lol I have been dying to get the season here. I am shooting very well with the new Marquis. I will be using the Rage again as they put such a freaking hole in the deer I got with it last year. To answer the question above the 3 blade Rage is not legal in NY the 2 blade is fine. I posted the actual DEC guy interpritation on here last month somewhere.

I took a half day today I need to get a couple chores done since nothing gets done once deer season starts!! Then a trip to the store for some provisions.

Then the hardest part is going to be deciding where the heck I am gonna go!

Good luck all!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I,ll be down there for the gun opener to ,
Save me one to , anything with 8 points or more would be nice , LOL.
I no there a lot of buck rubs scrapes and sighn in the area I go each year ,
Seams like I either fill my doe tag,s or just end up filling my buck tag .
Varies each year ...[&:]
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

A newbee to this site. I'm tired of watchin primos and dream season every chance I get and it's time to head upstate. I went out last week to scout it out a little bit. Some nice rubs, and trails, but the woods and marsh were very dried out. All the brooks and small ponds were gone. Deer will have to move to get some water sooner or later. Will not have my son to hunt with since he's in Spain for his last semester of college, but I'll send him some pics. We hunt on 22 acres, not much to write home about, but we just started bowhunting 2 years ago. He's takin 2 bucks, and I've passed on a few. Last year had a spike and 3pt'r goin at it, foolin around with each other for about 15 minutes. Finally a 4 pt comes down, butts them both, tellin them to knock it off, and they walk right pass me. The 4 also had a droptine to make him a 5, not very big, and it was great just watchin em. I decided to pass on him and my son gave me a ration of sh* that he had pictures of him and would have dropped him. I wound up getting a six during rifle season in Pt. Jervis, so at least I broke up a dry spell. Good luck to all, and may they all be larger than 8's. God bless.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: superdave10x

please tell me i missed something..... i would like to use rage broadheads but were told that they are illegal in new york..... because when they open there considered barbed(will not pull back out with out catching) ... could someone please clarify

I'm lost on this law too. The 3 blade Rage is illegal but the 2 blade is legal. I'm using the 2 blade but it does the same as the 3 blade just with one less blade.

Quick Reply: Where are all the southern tier NY bow hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.