Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 connecticut bow hunting >

connecticut bow hunting

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

connecticut bow hunting

Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default connecticut bow hunting

does anyone in here hunt conn?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Spike

Default RE: connecticut bow hunting

yes, hunt private land in south central part of state
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM

i have hunted there for the last 2 years 06 and 07. had done plenty of scouting and got everything all figured out then opening day comes and there are 25 people hunting this same parcel (yet i had trail cameras out for the last 4 monthes and didnt get a single picture of anyone else) so needless to say all them people walking into the woods (most after daybreak) they pushed all the deer across the street and river to unhuntable areas. so i gave up after trying to find some private land to hunt. nobody wants to sign a permission slip which is needed in CT.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 PM

Yes, I do, I live in Southbury, and hunt Roxbury, Woodbury, Bethlehem, Southbury and Prospect. Deer numbers are good, but we totally lack the quality racks the midwest sees. I have seen and taken 130's, 140's and one 150, but it seems to take our bucks a full 5.5 years to put that kind of bone on, and they need lack of pressure and good food also to do it, not all areas seem to have multiple P+Y's running around on it. Where do you hunt CT?

Jason Cuda

Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

i dont hunt ct.im from mass but have been hearing that ct has some good hunting land.if i do it will be on state land to start.ct is only 1 hr south of me.its the hartford area.have you hunted around there.what about bishop swamp wma?i hear they got some good deer in that area.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:33 PM

Private land in Middlebury. Numbers always good because no pressure. But deer are small. 4-6pts.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Just started to hunt Ct. this year on my parents land, they got 23 acres in colchester ct. had a few while i was in the stand and i also got landowner tags, hoping to see something good
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 AM

I hunt CT there is alot of great stateland to hunt plus if your lucky to get some private land there are some real monster bucks in the nutmeg state.

http://cthuntingnshooting.com/
Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

so what wma are good that you know of?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do a bit... my buddy took a nice 8 on the opener. I have only been down a couple of times this season. Actually plan on going tonight if the rain holds out...
Canaan / Salisbury area.

Quick Reply: connecticut bow hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.