HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Any MA guys hunting Monday?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/267640-any-ma-guys-hunting-monday.html)

buckmaster_27 10-13-2008 06:05 PM

RE: Any MA guys hunting Monday??

sat in tree all day and didnt see a deer.on my way to my spot i saw a doe cross the road in the dark and then when i came home a small spike crossed in front of me.tell me again why i was in the woods???lol

dont think i will be out until saturday.ny bow opens good luck guys

Planter 10-14-2008 07:47 AM

Well I don't need any help dragging YET!! Did not even see a deer opening morning which is not that unusual for Mass. Scrapes are being kicked wide open and I got some great places to hit.

Acorns were dropping by the ton and the deer can be eating and sleeping anywhere they want. All they have to do is stand up for a stretch and munch a few acorns.

One thing for sure is the woods are heating up and the bucks will be roaming looking for a little candy before we know it.

LockStockandArrow 10-14-2008 09:05 AM

Here she is...

spydergotboost 10-14-2008 12:15 PM

I got my fist Buck late opening day this season he came in with litterly 2 minutes left of shooting light. there was a bigger deer behind this one but didnt think he was going to come out in time. so i shot this one with like a minute of light left.
Nice 1 1/2 year old 3 pointer.(im on the left and my good friend/hunting mentor is on the right)

Billy

spydergotboost 10-14-2008 12:24 PM

by the way it was a double lung shot 1/2 inch above the heart in fact i hit the aorta coming off the heart. deer went 65 yards and expired.

i put the same pic up again to make it easier for you guys.

LockStockandArrow 10-14-2008 05:37 PM

Spyder,

Congrats and nice shot

buckmaster_27 10-14-2008 06:09 PM

great deer guys.
lock where did you get her?
spyder what about you?

im hunting in northfield

LockStockandArrow 10-14-2008 08:04 PM

Buck,

Sandisfield

spydergotboost 10-14-2008 08:06 PM

i got permission to hunt a small plot of land in east longmeadow with my buddy. east longmeadow is hunting with permission only so the herds are a little over sized to say the least. but thanks for the comments guys. it really means alot to me. i just picked up this way of life back in 2006 and havent looked back since i was taught by a good guy who knows his stuff and taught me the right way from day one. i mean i bought a bow 18 monthes before my first year hunting and shot the living crap out of even before i even thought about stepping into the woods with it. and now i put countless hours into scouting and always looking into perspective new hunting grounds. i mean i got 2 deer now in 3 years and i owe it all to my good teacher.

spydergotboost 10-14-2008 08:12 PM

hey lock who is that in the picture with you? is that your mentor?
another picture after i got home.