HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   T minus ONE week (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/267515-t-minus-one-week.html)

NY Bowhunter 10-11-2008 07:16 AM

T minus ONE week

The longest week of the year is here. Next Saturday can't come soon enough. Good luck to everyone with their bowseasons this year.

BuckAlley 10-11-2008 08:42 AM

RE: T minus ONE week

I can't wait for the 18th. Even though I've been out in the north bowhunting since 9/27, and tagged a 7pt alreadly on last yrs tag. (Pics were posted.) I went out this morning with the Muzzleloader. Mainly for something different. I went into a area I hadn't been yet this season, and never seen another hunter in there. Well at 7:30am 2 guys walked by me at 10ft, and never saw me!! Both with muzzleloaders. So once they headed out in front of me I moved to another spot away from them. But I ran into another hunter there as well. He walked up to tell me have 5 guys in here, and starting a deer drive!! 7:30am, and driving deer alreadly. It drives me nuts how some gun hunters insist on pressuring the deer, andchanges their patterns. So guess its definitly time to head south!!!!!!

jimbodwb 10-11-2008 11:37 AM

I can't wait for next saturday for northern gun season. Its gonna be hard though seeing I just had knee surgery on my left knee on sep 8 and my right knee on sep 29. Getting to the blind is not gonna be hard but dragging a big ol monster out is not gonna be easy.

RWK 10-11-2008 02:55 PM

Were you guys going to be hunting, i'll be around Little Valley area. Rich

WNY BOWHUNTER1101 10-11-2008 09:06 PM

i'll be in corfu ny good luck to you guys also!

Doefever 10-13-2008 08:56 AM

NY bowhunter, I agree this week is agonizing. But Saturday will come! Lots of luck to ya!

ABarOfSoap 10-13-2008 12:41 PM

Hey guys, GL this weekend, im sill hoping to get my first deer ever with the bow this year, this will be my 3rd year and i dont know if my heart can take another no deer year... Wish me luck!

BuckAlley 10-13-2008 07:09 PM

Hey Soap, hang in there. It only took me 7 long yrs before I got my first with a bow!! It seems a little easier now with more knowledge. But still by far the most challenging way to hunt them crazy deer!!

matt068 10-13-2008 09:33 PM

Soap after the first they all get easier NOT thats whats so great I got one no lie first 1/2 of my first day in the woods w/ a bow at age 14.It took til 19 b4 I got another. This year looks promising Just got back from finger lakes for a little wine tasting trip saw 2 pretty nice bucks dead on thruway which kinda sucks but plenty of deer in fields as i made the trip home around last light. Good luck to all my fellow NY bowmen and ladies. Also for god sakes wear your safety vest Me being stupid a few years back cost me multiple broken bones including major surgery to rebuild my broken neck I got another chance most don't, be safe above all!!!!!!!

nybowhunter 10-14-2008 04:33 AM

Good luck to all you NYer's. Heading to camp Friday night. I'm ready! I'm making venison meatballs and sauce in the crock for the guys.