HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Any takers on theearly season bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/265255-any-takers-theearly-season-bow.html)

MikeTark 09-27-2008 04:10 PM

Any takers on theearly season bow

Anyone have any luck this morning? I had some putz walk in on me at 25yrds at 7:05 and 7:15 heard them blow and go w/o a shot getting off!!! Why not get in the woods b4 light? Ill never understand some people.

TRACKER 09-27-2008 08:59 PM

RE: Any takers on theearly season bow

I did the evening hunt ,
Seen a few does but nothing close enough for a bow shot .
I no what you meen abought straglers ..Good luck anyways ..

Screamin Steel 09-27-2008 11:26 PM

Sometimes the stragglers are a boon, as they push deer ahead of them, but more often than not, they are either moving too fast to get a shot, or the stragglers set up within sight of you.

BuckAlley 09-28-2008 06:37 PM

Went out Sat. morning on my parents land. Had 2 spikes come by at 6:50am @ 12yds. It was right at that iffy enough light time. Plus my brothers & I had agreed to let the small bucks walk last couple yrs.
Sat. evening I setup in a spot I'd been really itching to get into since last season. I was all setup, and 20mins later a decent buck came in. After some slow manuever in my stand to position for a shot, I stuck him at 20yds.He went about 50yds, and folded up. Not a bad deer, 13.5 " spread. No monster but darn nice for using up last yrs tag!!
Oh I'm alreadly seeing scrapes too. I found 3 along the edge of a field going in on my evening watch. All 3 were under over hanging branches. Not really worked up like rutting scrapes. But def. scrapes.

Troutman10 09-28-2008 07:06 PM

Nice job man! Post a pic or two. Sounds like a good deer. I was up near Chaumont, NY with my bow that morning. Didn't see any deer, but it was good to be out and I saw some grouse and a turkey.

Shed94 09-28-2008 07:42 PM

Congrats BuckAlley!!Good luck to everyone!!

BuckAlley 09-29-2008 08:22 PM

Thanks guys, I'd really like to post some pics, but it always reads my files too big. I use kodak software. If anyone has some info on being too big, or I can e-mail the pics to someone to post. Let me know.

nybowhunter 09-30-2008 04:22 AM

Reduce the overall size of the picture or click on save as to see if you can save it as a smaller sized file. Most software packages allow you to save it toa reduced file size.

muckland 09-30-2008 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

Thanks guys, I'd really like to post some pics, but it always reads my files too big. I use kodak software. If anyone has some info on being too big, or I can e-mail the pics to someone to post. Let me know.
Email them to [email protected]:D

TRACKER 09-30-2008 09:25 PM

Way to go BuckAlleysounds like a nice bow buck .
Ive been out but only seen a few doe and they were all to far for a bow shot .