HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Bow during gun season? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/264700-bow-during-gun-season.html)

NY Harvester 09-24-2008 06:09 AM

Bow during gun season?

Can't seem to find anything in the regs. book, some say you can hunt with a bow during gun season, and others have told me no you cant.

Anyone know the state gospel on this?

Steve863 09-24-2008 06:25 AM

RE: Bow during gun season?

You most definitely can hunt with a bow during gun season. You can use only the regular season tags however, just as you would hunting with a gun.

NY Harvester 09-24-2008 07:30 AM

Thanks Steve , I don't know where it is in the book, but that is what I always thought.

sproulman 09-29-2008 11:12 PM

the hunters love this rule in early oct archery/gun season.

if buck comes out, bang, shot with muzzleloader,then stick the arrow in the hole.

this is another way to outlaw.

these rules just make me sick.[:@]

BuckAlley 09-30-2008 03:22 AM

Sproul, not exactly sure what you mean on that. You talking just someone claiming they arrowed a buck, when they actually shot it? If speaking its during the North. muzzleloader season I guess that'd be more stupidity than actually poaching seeing it'd be the same early season tag. But if your talking the Northern reg season to the Southern archery season then the bumms should be locked up!!!!
I was just curious, never heard of anyone doing that, but I wouldn't put it past some people who'll do anything to claim their a REAL hunter.

johnl 09-30-2008 03:48 AM

don't get caught doing that the DEC can check the hole for powder residue and then arrest your sorry @$$

nybowhunter 09-30-2008 04:17 AM

My friends son got a doe with a bow during shot gun.He was too young to hunt with a gun so he hunted the whole season with a bow. We left the whole front of the property to him and tried to push deer his way. It worked!

rybohunter 09-30-2008 04:46 AM

Sproul is just bitter (as most archers are) over a ML season stuck smack dab in the middle of the PA archery season. In theory the ML season is “doe only”, but he claims that many bucks get shot with the ML & posed as an archery kill. No doubt with so many scumbag hunters in PA, he is correct.

Buck Hunter 1 09-30-2008 06:06 AM

rybo hunter, exactly. Archers do not want anyone else in their woods! They are allowedto hunt w/ their bows during gunning seasons, but they won't reciprocate!

rybohunter 09-30-2008 06:46 AM

rybo hunter, exactly. Archers do not want anyone else in their woods! They are allowedto hunt w/ their bows during gunning seasons, but they won't reciprocate!
I don't want guns in archery season either. Its a fact of life andI deal with it without getting hyped up over it, but I'd certainly prefer to hunt deer under natural movements, rather than being bumped around all over.