Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 7 less days of bowhunting?? >

7 less days of bowhunting??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

7 less days of bowhunting??

Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default 7 less days of bowhunting??

I just looked at the NYS DEC website. Seems like this year we have 28 days instead of 35 days of bowhunting due to the changing of gun season to a Saturday opener. That kind of sucks![:@] No offense gun hunters, I just love the time in the woods during bowseason [8D]
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 7 less days of bowhunting??

What are the dates this year?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I just looked at the NYS DEC website. Seems like this year we have 28 days instead of 35 days of bowhunting due to the changing of gun season to a Saturday opener. That kind of sucks![:@] No offense gun hunters, I just love the time in the woods during bowseason [8D]
Just leave your bow at home and still spend time in the woods. It can't be all about the kill now if you love that time in the woods. Or is it all about a chance at a kill and not much about the time??
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not hunting without the possibility of the kill.

Steve
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain. In WV, where I own a farm,they pushed the bow season back 7 daysdue to a youth squirrel hunt. I'm all for the youth hunt...but make it a week earlier rather than push the bow season back. I'm not much of a gun hunter, but I bow hunt every minute I get a chance.

In Ohio, where I live, the bow season opens the last sat in September and runs through the end of January...with about 2 weeks closed for gun season. That's just shy of 4 months of bow season.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 PM

ouch thats the thing about Delaware, from Sep 1st 2 Jan 31st you can archery hunt wheter or not its a firearm,and its not a sunday
Old 09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Ya know.......if you really love your bow hunting as much as you claim. You could jump in the car and drive north a little. I start bowhunting on September 27th or Oct. 1st. You can to. So put away the crying towel and go hunting.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 PM

or if bow hunting means so much then use it the whole season i too live in new york this is my first year hunting with a bow but i just like to kill stuf and thought hey i get one more week if i use a bow
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just leave your bow at home and still spend time in the woods. It can't be all about the kill now if you love that time in the woods. Or is it all about a chance at a kill and not much about the time??
Dont' get me wrong I love just being in the woods, but I am out there to kill a big buck.

or if bow hunting means so much then use it the whole season i too live in new york this is my first year hunting with a bow but i just like to kill stuf and thought hey i get one more week if i use a bow
I do use my during gun season, but the woods... well... get a little different after the first 2 hours of shotgun season.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

They claim, our wonderful Senators would have to make the change, NOT the DEC. I think it really sucks for us to loose those days. I think shotgun is only 4 weeks too. I shure didn't see any reduction in the cost of our license.

Quick Reply: 7 less days of bowhunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.