Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Game Comm. Overhaul >

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

By "recruit" do you heading off to N.Y. and bring some back or do you mean to tell me that health does can't have two or even three fawns per year?
News flash. Dead doe don't produce any fawns.

The PS DD is the number of deer that survive until the beginning of hunting season.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta find out now it's driving me nuts.I know for sure it was extended in Clearfield when a snowstorm fell giving three feet of snow and more in some areas right before doe season.The place was a disaster with helicopters picking up residents in the boondocks because the electricity was off.I'll see if I can find info on that storm.That would be the year.
For Clearfield/Potter I remember it being discussed a few times but honestly can't say for sure.
I'm gonna find out I hope.
In the 70's I was hunting in Potter.
Damn,I am an old coot.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take heart BB. I just noticed the home page photograph on the PGC's new site.........
Kind of ironic dont you think?

Old 12-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, not at all . I love BB and saw a flock of 40-50 while deer hunting.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bluebird made the big time.
Ok fellers,I searched and couldn't find squat so I posted on HPA.Maybe somebody will have a link.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both the PGC and i support the BB. Just as w both support the propagation of all species of wildlife. Where we have a difference of opinion is regarding the relative balance of competing species.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well BB and BT I couldn't find squat on the extensions.I asked over on HPA and most seem to think it happened two years.One guy was sure 87.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by germain
Well BB and BT I couldn't find squat on the extensions.I asked over on HPA and most seem to think it happened two years.One guy was sure 87.

It could well be that we'll recall different years for different folks because the extensions were by county. Then there's the oldtimers thing with our memories (sorry Rich) It probably happened more in the NW but it could just as easily been the south if it rained heavy in the south discouraging hunters while the north was blessed with snow. nayway, it answered our question as to whether or not it used to happen. It obviously did as almost everyone remembers it happening at one time or another.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Go with 1992...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Take heart BB. I just noticed the home page photograph on the PGC's new site.........
Kind of ironic dont you think?

I would say that it is ironic...ironic that the PGC which used to be better symbolized by a deer or other game, is now plastering pictures of songbirds as the banner on their homepage. It's all there in the big , bold print.

Quick Reply: Pa Game Comm. Overhaul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.