HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Opening day of Bow in DE......... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/260393-opening-day-bow-de.html)

firststate 08-29-2008 03:15 PM

Opening day of Bow in DE.........

Ahhhhhhhhh, Bow season starts on Monday (Labor Day). Anyone else heading out in DE? I figure I'll do a morning hunt with my brother over at Meadows Tract in Townsend. Seen a couple here and there but nothing to really get excited about.

livbucks 08-29-2008 03:27 PM

RE: Opening day of Bow in DE.........

Oh..too hot,
I can't imagine hunting this early.
Hope you guys do well and if you get a biggun, take it to the world reknowned Taxidermist George Roof from Delaware to have it mounted. Tell himGreg Livbuckssaid Hello, too.;)

Mallardkiller 08-30-2008 11:36 AM

Yea im heading out
on my own land in clayton

firststate 08-30-2008 07:24 PM

It does tend to get a little warm int he afternoons. But that is why we only hunt the mornings or late evenings this early. Took some more practice shots at the target today just to make sure I'm still on. Everything looks good. I'm ready to go now. :D

TRACKER 08-30-2008 09:53 PM

Holy moly hunting already ????
Whats the temperature been down there ????

lemond35 08-30-2008 10:23 PM

i might hunt my moms in dutch neck farms..not sure. im living in fl right now..headed back to pa on the 15th...i hate it here:)

IM BACK

Rickmur 08-31-2008 01:46 AM

Got a darn cookout to go to:(. I will only hunt evenings this early and plan to get out Tue evening on some public land close to the truck weigh station

RonM 09-01-2008 02:35 PM

I saw a few trucks parked around this a.m. especially at the State game lands , a buddy of mine went didnt see anything except squirrels. It is plenty warm around here, if you get one you gotta move fast so it wont spoil.......

firststate 09-02-2008 11:45 AM

Temps got into the mid 80's by mid-day. First thing in the morning was nice though. I guess it was around 60 degrees. Had a buck at 60 yrds and a doe at 50 yrds. Not comfortable with that far of a shot. I like to keep them within 40yrds. I was out of the woods by 9am and off to my parents house to help get ready for the BBQ. It was nice to get out into the woods after a slow crabbing season this year.

pick00l 09-03-2008 07:22 AM

I'm also a DE hunter. Did not get out on Monday but, planning to this weekend. Likely head to the canal (north side) or hunt the wildlife area just south of this.

Just got a bug tamer suit in the mail as well as a thermacell. Shot a bunch in my yard over the weekend so I'm all set to go!

Do you guys in DE use these as well? Good luck and I'll post my report here if I see anything good this weekend.