Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Reports?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WV Reports?

Just wondering what everyone else is seeing in WV...

On my farm in Braxton County, we saw more deer this summer than we've seen in 5 years or so. The numbers seem to be coming back up. It's been a long time since I've seen the number of fawns that I saw this year.

What's everybody else seeing?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 AM

Default RE: WV Reports?

Lots of fawns in Barbour Co. too. I will say that we had a rut last year like we hadn't had in a while too. Our doe numbers were way down and there was actually a little competition for does. Looks like the same next year as you can legally kill 11 deer in Barbour Co. alone. What the heck are they thinking???/
Old 08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

heres what im seeing in mason county WV. not to bad for WV. and my dad saw one bigger than the bottom pic.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 AM

22...what part of mason do you hunt. I usually hunt a private farm down there a good bit. I haven't put out any trail cam yet down there, but last year we saw a few monsters these pics are from last year

I did see this buck, but never got into bow range
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Ihunt in Leon between Buffalo and Pt. Pleasant off of Rt. 62. My uncle owns a farm out Leon Baden and i grew up in Arbuckle on Rt. 62. Where in mason do u hunt?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Nice field 22 series. I got a friend who owns and hunts some property around Leon. He has some pictures of some nice bucks in that area.

It's looks like its going to be a banner year for mast. Everything seems to have hit. It will make hunting a little harder once the acorns start hitting the ground.

In my area (Logan Co.), I'm getting 4-5 nice bucks (140+) and a bunch of younger bucks. I'm seeing a lot of deer while driving around as well. Should be a good year.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: 22 series

Ihunt in Leon between Buffalo and Pt. Pleasant off of Rt. 62. My uncle owns a farm out Leon Baden and i grew up in Arbuckle on Rt. 62. Where in mason do u hunt?
I hunt my girlfriends fathers farm...it's in mason, right before bob's market and the hotel..
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Spike

Seeing alot of deer in Wyoming County as well. Saw a bruiser standing on the side of Rt. 54 between Beckley and Mullens the other night. I've gotten a picture of alteast one fawn every time i've put my trail cam out, so we're on par here with the other areas of the state as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Ive been seeing alot of deer here in Hardy county. I had a pretty nice eight point about 15-16 inches wide in my back yard a week ago. I have been seeing alot of does and fawns. A good friend of mine killed a 16 point last year with a 20 1/2 inch inside spread that green scored a 148. He said he has seen several bucks already this year bigger than that one. I have been hearing reports of several monster 10's just down the road from me on a farm i have permission to hunt. This looks like it is going to be one of the best years for big bucks around here.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 AM

wow, it is good to read my fellow WV people are seeing nice bucks...

Quick Reply: WV Reports?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.