Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYer's license

Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NYer's license

Spike...isn't that cool. The camp I go to has 2 uncles, a father, plus 2 brothers thatget as many permits as they can. If needed, theyall share the permits, which I think isreal cool. We had 1 guy get 2-7 point bucks with the bow and a 6 during shotgun last year. Since the family is there, theyall cover each other and have a great time during the season. No harm done because they all get meat and everybody is more than willing to give up their tag for a family member.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Got 7F, no 7A. One preference point for next year though.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rozman62

So basically what your telling me is your whole family hunts! That's cool. Asa kid I used to live in a little towncalled Clay in the '70's. Where you located?
I'm in Solvay. Clay isn't little anymore. Its a very popular town now and so is Cicero.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Spike...isn't that cool. The camp I go to has 2 uncles, a father, plus 2 brothers thatget as many permits as they can. If needed, theyall share the permits, which I think isreal cool. We had 1 guy get 2-7 point bucks with the bow and a 6 during shotgun last year. Since the family is there, theyall cover each other and have a great time during the season. No harm done because they all get meat and everybody is more than willing to give up their tag for a family member.
Yeah the women folk go out now and then but it's nice that they can sign over doe tags. Wish they could do that with buck tags. maybe some year.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 PM

just remember boys pref points are not for a certain dmu they are just for being denied and you only get 1 if you get denied on the first pic the second wont get you a point i got 1 for 5r and got denied for the second no pref point but i got one for my back yard i can almost taste the venny now
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I got 1 for 7F and turned down for a 2nd 7f. My uncle got 2 for 7f and now it's up to my wife to see what she gets
Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Got my first in 7m and second in 7f, my Dad did the same.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

i got two doe permits one for 4B and 4H...i am pretty excited
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had 1 guy get 2-7 point bucks with the bow and a 6 during shotgun last year. Since the family is there, they all cover each other and have a great time during the season.

You do realize that it would be illegal for someone to shoot 3 bucks in one season? Doe permits are transferable, but not buck tags. I've hunted long enough to know what people do during deer season, and can't say that I haven't bent a rule a time or two. I just don't know if I would be as proud of it as you seem to be and want to tell the whole world about it.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:06 PM

actually it is legal to kill 3 bucks in one season use last years bow tag in the first 4 days then use this years bow/ml tag then use your reg tag add em up that makes three

Quick Reply: NYer's license

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.