Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYer's license

Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NYer's license

ORIGINAL: bigwhitetailbuck

ORIGINAL: adirondackhunter

Yeah ,i don'tapply for doe tags.I have tags left over from last year so my season in late Sept.
This year will be my first in new york.... you can use leftover tags from the year before?
Also i am a non resident.... can i get my license and tags online?
New York has two main hunting zones. The Northern Zone and the Southern Zone. The archery season for the Northern Zone begins before this years tags become effective. You can only use last years unused tags during the early archery seasonfrom 9/27 - 9/30in the Northern Zone. As of 10/1/08 you need to use your new tags.

Note that this is only for the first 3 days of early archery season in the northern zone. Also, you can use any unused tag from last year, except for a doe tag.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

I went and got my license today got turned down for 6P(medium) but received my 2nd permit 3P(high). Well at least I got preference points for next year.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bought my license the simplest way which is over the phone. Got my first doe permit in my area 4P since the 2004 season! The area didn't issue any doe permits in 05 & 06 and last year preference points were required and I didn't draw.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Spike

www.dec.ny.gov is the web site.I have two 06 -07 tags so i can bow hunt the last 4 days in sept 08.I computers were slow when i bought mine.If this is your first time hunting in NY i'm not sure if you can buy on line.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Spike

I just bought mine online and got 1 permit. 9w. Was very simple. If you do not have a previouslicence here in NY then you cannot buy online. If your a non resident and have applied before using "d.e.c.a.l.s." then by all means you can go on line and get yours.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

Only tag you can use is a buck tag for the few days in September during the archery season only .
Not positive abought buying your license on line from out of State ?
Just go to NY DEC websight and you can get the info ..
Old 08-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Fork Horn

you guys ARENT talking about the BOW license are you? you have to draw doe permits for BOW? this will be my first season going with bow.. and im taking the class this sunday commin up.. anyways.. just looking for info.. goodluck to all this season.
Shawackem!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

With your bow licence, you get an either sex tag.
If you get the bow/mz licence, you get 1 either sex and 1 antlerless only to be used only in early bow or late bow/mz.
These tags and your regular season buck tags are the only ones you can use in the early NZ thru 9/30.

DMP (doe) tags are applied for prior to opening are are only good for the WMU they are issued for.
Depending on the individual DMU population, number of tags (2 max) and restrictions on who is eligible vary from unit to unit.

Steve

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Spike

I told you yesterday you can buy from out of state as long as you have done it before and since 2002. geezzzz
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

I can't wait for bow season good luck guys!!

Quick Reply: NYer's license

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.