Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Vermont??

Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vermont??

Hey guys,
I am thinking about heading out to the New England area on my next tour.(active duty Coast Guard) And I was looking at some places in VT and Maryland, and Maine. I was just wondering id anyone knows anything about the Burlington area of VT? Just wondering how the hunting is over yonder! Thanks for the info!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: Vermont??

maryland isn't in new england
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks for the help!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM

i live in the Burlington area not much for hunting as there is alot of posted prop up in the northeast thers plenty of open ground but the big game is scarce except moose still plenty of them, alot of small game partiridge and rabbits maraland has some real good deer hunting i've never been down but a sister plant to the one i do work in the maint. guys are always sending pics of some nice bucks
Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

As posted in another forum in case you missed it.

I see you are in the Coast Guard and they have a small station located on the shores of Lake Champlain in the Burlington harbor. The hunting for small game is very good with lots of open land. We have excellent waterfowl hunting since there are so many ponds and lakes. The turkey hunting is probably tops in all of New England and although there are lots of deer they usually don't make it through to maturity. Recently, AR's have been placed to give the yearlings a chance to make it so the resulting harvest has been better with some bigger racks being taken. Most land in the northern part of the state is open and more posting as you travel south. You will find the Burlington area to be a great place to live, raise kids or to enjoy the nightlife. Lots of good restaurants with plenty to do. The lake...of course is the crown jewel and is enjoyed by people from all over. The coast Guard plays a major part in protecting the people who use this large and often dangerous lake. They patrol from near the mouth of the Richelieu River at the Quebec line to the south lake which is about 120 miles away. Lots of clean air, open spaces and beautiful scenery are the bounty for people who are fortunate to live here. Good luck with your next assignment wherever you go.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey thanks for the info! Maybe I will see you around someday.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

We have a summer house just south of Rutland, central VT has a good deer population, I've taken some nice bucks in the poultney, wells area. Just get permission if you hunt private. You shouldalso consider the Adirondacks if you like the big woods, and potential for a monster, its beautiful country,not far to the East of Burlington...good luck
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never hunted up there... but the adirondacks are awesome
Old 08-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

I made it back to Maine, if you get to VT you are lucky. I have tried to get that Station for 10 years. There is good duck hunting on the lake, and I know for a fact there are spots in VT that the bird hunting is great. Vt is where I am from. Good luck with your picks.

Quick Reply: Vermont??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.