Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge >

MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Anyone going to qualify there this weekend?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

pizzitem,

You can scout when the refuge opens in early September. You check in with a scouting card instead of a hunting card. Be sure to hunt off the beaten path, in some thick stuff. Sometimes you can be close to a road, but need thick stuff where most hunters avoid. Deer there get lots of human traffic as early as scouting season, so might be more apt to move at the edge of light and in thicker, less human-trafficked areas. I've seen quite a few well into light, but it's the nicer bucks that are harder to spot.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Saxman1819

Anyone get out to qualify this past weekend? Just curious if I saw anyone.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

So how did you do saxman. I assume all went well. Those guys out there really work with you and help you all they can.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DeerWhisperer

So how did you do saxman. I assume all went well. Those guys out there really work with you and help you all they can.
Shot 100%. No extra shots required.

Ever since I started sighting in my guns and bows I have become anal about how they shoot. Everything bullseyes at 50 no problem. I'll probably never see a deer past 50-75 yards out there anyway.

Did you get out?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:04 PM

I've been huntin Meade for 4 years. There are some nice deer in there. I also like going to Shafer Farm. I hunted BARC a few times but never saw anything worth shooting although I've seen bruisers in there from the road. I qualified my shotgun and ML at Meade this past Sunday. Going tomorrow for the bow qualification. Anyone going out? Would be nice to meet some folks from the forums.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

I've been huntin Meade for 4 years. There are some nice deer in there. I also like going to Shafer Farm. I hunted BARC a few times but never saw anything worth shooting although I've seen bruisers in there from the road. I qualified my shotgun and ML at Meade this past Sunday. Going tomorrow for the bow qualification. Anyone going out? Would be nice to meet some folks from the forums.

Were you in line to get the qualification card near the archery qualification range when the big guy was trying to qualify? I'm not the big guy but he's my buddy and I was in line.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Also which areas have you been to. I talked to a guy and he usually goes to the western side... I'm trying to figure out where everyone goes so I can stay away from those areas.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:02 PM

Nope. I got there around 11:15. Had to buy my membership and then go qualify. Got back to the shack around 12:30. I only saw two guys qualify with their bows. I should have brought mine and just got it over with but I like going and acting all stupid. Say things like it's my first time shooting a bow. The guy watching will say things like "are you sure you are ready to do this?" LOL Then you shoot the heart out and act all astonished that you did so well. Simple things amuse me.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Since I do alot of qualifying over at Patuxent for bow . When you do that i will just put you on the list with all the other people that say the same crappy jokes .

Quick Reply: MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.