Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
License Fee Increases in Pa >

License Fee Increases in Pa

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

License Fee Increases in Pa

Old 01-28-2002, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: License Fee Increases in Pa

Thanks for the info, Canis. Hopefully they'll leave a few for us! Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 01-30-2002, 02:36 AM
Typical Buck

buckmagnet
great idea!!!!!!! i think a few of these retired lawyers can afford to pay a little more to benefit the youth of our country
Old 01-30-2002, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

lochorns--

No need to get your hackles up my friend, I'm not there to take anything away from you as a resident, merely looking for the same opportunities in PA that I receive in other states as a NR, and the same offer that we would extend to you should you choose to come to NH and hunt. I have been fortunate enough to have hunted throughout the USA, Canada, and Africa over the years, and feel I can be a fair judge of individual places I've hunted and what I get for my money. Unfortunately, PA is running off the path IMO, and will lose out on alot of revenue if they keep moving in the same direction they are now by "tagging to death" everyone and implementing restriction after restriction that does not truly benefit the hunting community to the extent the "smoke and mirrors" leads us to believe. NR hunters in most all other Northeast states can take one of either sex deer during Archery season on the same tag, without all of the hoopla created by this ridiculous lottery system all for a few extra dollars. Alt has already stated that the does are becoming a problem, yet they still do not yet allow does back on a regular archery license?? How logical is that? If the PGC wants the extra cash, jack up the prices of the original license, no problem, but allow us the same benefits as other states as NR hunters. That is my only gripe, well, that and allowing rifle hunters to be in the woods at the same time as archers, and in a woods that is still heavily foliated. I for one, as both a archer and rifle hunter, know the difference between the two styles of hunting and definately know the two just would not mix. As stated, I'm not looking for anything more than a resident hunter would, but do feel ALL Archers be entitled to either sex deer during archery, or at least through the month of October before they are bred. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12
Old 01-30-2002, 03:53 PM

Pinwhl I must agree with you I've hunted most of USA mainland,as well as Canada and Alaska. Once you begin to travel as a hunter you soon learn the truth about game management in good ole Pa.. the doe in archery season was taken out because there was no way to account for the numbers they harvested, er, to count for them because at the time Pa was in the throngs of a failed deer reduction at the time..too many were harvested in some areas not enough in others.and yes though I do not agree with it the $$ was and still is an issue.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Loc
this is a huntin forum my friend not a court room,,,,never forget,,it's all about fun & family,,,i think yer puttin too much into this
Old 01-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

OH & PINWHEEL
if ya get a clinton county liscense this yr,,,i know of a few does that could use sum hair thinnin (wink)
Old 01-30-2002, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Lochorns
im sure that as smart as you are you are aware that goin out west & payin those high fees to kill an animal is also payin for the land management,,trophy fees & someones lively hood,,,,,those guys make their livin providin animals fer the wealthy to come & take at their will & expense,,,,im not sure if yer wealth has blinded you or what,,,but Pa. is not out west & from what i've seen of YOUR state (which i grew up in & farmed the 1st 21 yrs of my life) can not & will not ever provide such luxurys

hope ya'll have a great yr huntin & when ya get a chance take a kid huntin
Old 01-31-2002, 06:44 AM

rem700 I can tell you are not a resident of Pa...the deer,turkey,bear,etc. are paying for landmanagement,all game management, millions of $$ in livelyhoods,the up keep of GL, etc. to say they are not is blind foolishness. Alt has many times in public at HIS meetings said he wants to produce deer ratios and mature bucks like states such as Kansas, Ill,IA. and just like those states those that have the ground if and when he accomplishes this will be turning a $ on leased land and hunting fees. Actually I hope it happens. i have over 2000 acres under deed. The guys that will loose out are those that will be stuck hunting public land or can not afford to hunt private land.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Ledgen Ls
I understand & agree completly what your sayin. But the point that i was tryin to get across (which im not good with words) is that at least in the area that i hunt in the 1st day of deer season (rifle) is a holiday Most schools close down, my Dad does'nt even have to use a vacation day to get paid to be off as is for most everyone in the area. I would love nothin more than to be able to retire there knowing that i might be able to shoot a wall hanger, but i just dont see it happening, due to the fact that a spike buck is a trophy, let me just say that im basin this on the area that i hunt & grew up in. Not too many people in this area have 2000 acres. (wish i was 1 who did) but if i did i would be like you & I would want the same things
Old 02-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Rem-

Sorry, I hunt Centre County. Last season there were NO tags available to non-residents that I know of, the County was completely sold out before we had a chance, along with a few other Counties. If there is such a problem in the State with does that discussion of a week-long rifle hunt in the beginning of October throughout the State was warranted, WHY do we archers NOT have the option of either sex, OR have the "earn-a-buck" program implemented?? I still have not as yet heard any REAL reasoning as to why not, the lack of being able to count can be easily covered by the harvest report card that comes with each tag, and rifle hunters complaining can easily be covered by allowing an open doe season for an extra however many days during their season. A couple of years of that and your numbers would be balanced out quite well I would imagine, and could be kept track of fairly easily. AND we as hunters do not lose any more freedoms.Haven't we already lost enough??? Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12

Quick Reply: License Fee Increases in Pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.