Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 who here hunts in ny? >

who here hunts in ny?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

who here hunts in ny?

Old 07-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: who here hunts in ny?

On and off for the past 25 years in WNY. I took a few years off when the kids were babies, but I have been hunting every year for the past 15.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:31 AM

Steuben County!!!! Allready seeing some great bucks!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

DOOD, that Deer is RIDICOULOUS! for a NY buck... my GOD.. HUGE... LOVE IT...
man... AWSME
Old 07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Fork Horn

Cannuck.. that Deer you got is... is like the one ffrom my dreams! HUGE man.. awseme Congratts! never seen anythign like that from NY state..
Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 AM

Erie County, not the best hunting in the state imo.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: who here hunts in NY?

I hunt Oneida county and have started to have better success the last few years. No monsters but great for me.

Here are a few pics of the deer taken from our hunting Props.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

those are some nice deer! where abouts do you hunt in oneida county? how far from utica?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

I have prop south of Camden, just north of Utica in Deerfield, and my buddy has a couple hundred acres in Steuben.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Spike

Cannuck.. that Deer you got is... is like the one ffrom my dreams! HUGE man.. awseme Congratts! never seen anythign like that from NY state..
NY produces many great bucks. As Cannuck and I have discussed in this tread, It is all about management. Our goal is to manage the our properties to consistently produce P&Y bucks. (125" net) We are successful in that. Producing B&C (170' net)is ultimately what we strive for, but that is not an easy task. A B&C 165" net was taken on our Watershed lease. A near miss. When it comes to "Wild" Whitetails, there are no guarentees !!!
Check out the pics on our website.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I'm down here in Richmond, VA, I can hunt up in NY anytime I want (mostly area 7M- Madison Co). My sister & brother-in-law have a real nice 125 acre farm in Brookfield, and have told me numerous times that I am more than welcome to come on up and hunt.

Details
I'm originally from: Poughkeepsie area (grew up in Lagrangeville back in the 60's/70's).
Family summer home: Northwest Adirondacks, way up near St. Regis Falls on a small lake called Lake Ozonia.
My relatives arein: Brookfield (Madison Co), Auburn, Weedsport (Cayuga Co), Millbrook (Dutchess Co).
Wife's relatives are in: Buffalo and surrounding suburbs. One in-law lives down near Cattaraugus Co and has told me he could take me out with some buddies he hunts with.

I still miss NY as you can tell, but a lot has sure changed since I graduated H.S. and moved away (1979). Virginia is nice and has a great deer herd, along with mild winters. But the earlybowhunting season can be wickedly hot with temps in the upper 80's, and the mosquitos get so bad they could pick you up and fly away with you! [&:]

$110 bucks for an out-of-state license and numerous places to hunt with relatives.
$18 bucks (each) for a resident Virginia licenses (general license, big game, archery, muzzleleader, etc..)

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Quick Reply: who here hunts in ny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.