Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 RealTree is hunting Pennsylvania >

RealTree is hunting Pennsylvania

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

RealTree is hunting Pennsylvania

Old 03-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RealTree is hunting Pennsylvania

BM, I hear what you are saying. I think it will be good for the state' s programs to get some national exposure. I just don' t get too cranked up about these guys because they are very self serving IMO. They are high profile hunters that have the ability to reach different segments of the population including non-hunters. Yet they perpetuate the practice of primarily hunting managed, private land that the average hunter does not have access to. They do nothing to open doors for the average joe, or to encourage land owners that it might be in their best interest to make their land more accessible for hunters.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:20 AM

man some of us here sound like scourned women ,most of the problems if not all in getting access to private ground goes back to slobs ruining the image of hunters ,most farmers i ask are not interested because they either had guys shooting up the joint stealling stuff or leaving does to rot .i know most guys are good law abiding hunters ,but it only takes one bad apple to ruin our image .we need to police our own ,.i had a farmer i was trying to get access from who kept denying me i would stop by on saturdays to talk and and he would let me walk around a little to take pics of some of the deer as he got to know me he eventualy let me bow hunt there and then offerd to allow me to gun hunt but i never did as i did not want to interfere with the family members who gun hunted ,it worked wel untill he passed and they sold the place ,we need to help our image anyway we can and turning in poachers and slobs is a great start .they are not hunters but theifs and slobs ,as it may turn the wrong person against us and we need all the favorable opinion' s of us as we can get
Old 03-06-2003, 03:56 PM

That would be a move in the right direction for RT to hunt in PA. The only fenced place I know of that they use to hunt way back in their first couple of vidoes only was the Sanctuary up in Central MI. That didnt' last long though when everyone complained about " high fence" hunting. That was about the time, in my recollection, when the Drurys marketed the 100% wild, 100% fair chase slogan. Anyway, I' m really impressed when these " big names" go to the places that the average guy like me hunts, public land.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely keep us updated if you hear any more about this issue. I would really like to see the area that they plan on hunting.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:59 PM

BMgnt,
Are they going to make a video or just film a segment for an upcoming episode of RT?
Old 03-07-2003, 09:00 PM

I am not sure yet guys. I am going to go to the RealTree forums and ask them what is going to be happening with the situation. I' ll let you know when I get some more information.

Hopefully tommorow I can give you all a report!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing you can count on is these guys aren' t going to spend a s!@# load of money and drag a lot of camera equipment around in the woods and not kill some nice bucks. I highly doubt they will be on your heavily hunted public land!!!! As far as I' m concerened them guys wouldn' t make a pimple on a public land deer hunters a!@!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

stephen fox, you make some excellent points. I definitely agree that it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. However, unlike NJ, PA has 1 million plus hunters, meaning more bad apples to ruin it for the others. I am fortunate in that I live close enough to NJ that I hunt both states, and let me tell you getting permission to hunt private land in your state is far less of a challenge than it is in PA.
It will be interesting to see how Realtree presents their hunt in PA. Hopefully, they will present it as a challenging state to hunt due to the pressure and encourage land owners to allow more good hunters onto their land to help with herd management as well as alleviating some of the pressure from public land. On the other hand, they might say, " Hey look at us. We came to one of the most highly pressured states in the country and look at the whoppers we pulled out." Who knows? It will be interesting that' s for sure.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:44 PM

Well guys,

I will have all the information tommorow. I e-mailed Scott Hughes, the Internet Marketing Coordinator for RealTree. He has family in this weekend and he said that he will have all the info for by Monday. I asked him to give me as much info on the Pennsylvania hunts, where they are hunting, what type of hunting, what type of public land, who they will be hunting with, and just about as much info as possible. I will also know what their archery set-ups will be for this year. I have heard that Michael Waddell will be shooting a 03 Hoyt RazorTec, but, that isn' t confirmed.

So, tommorow we will know everything.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry, You have stated my feelings to a tee. THey probable wont be hunting Public land as we all know it. They will most likely be on a private land that the rest of the public doesn' t have access to. Is this true public land nope not even close. Only difference is that it doesn' t have fences. Now if they go into deleware state forrest in the poconos and come out with a wall hanger out of there with another hunter walking under there stand site that would impress me to no end. BUt I doubt it. But still would like to see as it would be interesting.

Brian