Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA >

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

good luck with that knowitall, we can all feel welcome in the Pa woods knowing your the only one witha hunter safety course under your belt. mabe you should come to the ZERO CLUE state and sell some more of your crossbows. company rep, wow do your bosses know about your issues with saleing there product? how many hunters have you insulted with your post? being a sportsman means getting along, and shareing the woodswith others. you already knew that right?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I nominate Matt/Pa for "post of the year". Well spoken Matt.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Typical my season, my deer, we're different and special here rant. Heard it before and actually have heard it done better. A little too much of the greed factor in that one. I will give hm credit though it flowed along very nicely. But then again most BS does.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

Typical my season, my deer, we're different and special here rant. Heard it before and actually have heard it done better. A little too much of the greed factor in that one. I will give hm credit though it flowed along very nicely. But then again most BS does.
X2 That's what it really boils down to. They don't want anyone in "their woods" during "their season" shooting "their deer."

Bob
Old 07-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

They don't want anyone in "their woods"
Typically, "in our woods" during archery season is..
1. dove hunters
2.rabbit
3.grouse
4.turkey, with rifles too
5.senior rifle
6.muzzleloaders
7junior rifle
8. ringneck
9. trappers
10.woodcock
11.furbearers
12. coyote
I'm probably missing some too. Now you can understand why these guys are saying it's a little crowded in our woods during archery season.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Big John

They don't want anyone in "their woods"
1. dove hunters
2.rabbit
3.grouse
5.senior rifle
6.muzzleloaders
7junior rifle
8. ringneck
9. trappers
10.woodcock
11.furbearers
12. coyote
I'm probably missing some too. Now you can understand why these guys are saying it's a little crowded in our woods during archery season.
Since the harvest stats are nearly identical for compounds and xbows, what possible difference which a hunter chooses to use matter? The "we're different in........" is not getting the job bone, btw, in Mi or NJ at the present time.

That 405 fps Stryker is kinda the "Edsel" of xbows, btw. It weighs too much for most xbow hunters, can't be hand cocked, and comes w/ a red dot w/ 20-40-60 yd aim points. Lot's of resentment out there by xbow hunters that think 60 yds is WAY too far to shoot deer w/ archery tackle, and resent a vert bow company implying differently.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

1. dove hunters
2.rabbit
3.grouse
5.senior rifle
6.muzzleloaders
7junior rifle
8. ringneck
9. trappers
10.woodcock
11.furbearers
12. coyote
Big revelation for you, we have all that an more. Hundreds upon thousands of dogs chasing deer all over. We also have an epidemic of illegal training of dogs on deer out of season or during bow season. Still none of this matters because an xbow it the same as a compound in regards to deer hunting.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

the sportsman/gunshows are prety crouded too should they be limited to who can attend? lets limit the attendance at the next turkey calling contest, or the next fishing tournament. too crouded for ya' dont hunt there. if you do hunt there when you see sombody say hey any luck, he or she bought the same licence to be there that you did. be friendly not angry like an anti-hunter.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

"And this comes from a guy who is a rep for a company currently producing 2 of the most advanced and currently the most powerful crossbow on the market. "

Well Matt/PA....all I can say is that if you are the best Bowtech can do for a rep then no wonder people are buying Mathews. You are as arrogant as you are ignorant and as a rep you should learn to keep your opinions to yourself. As far as PA huniting is concerned, why dont you walk along RT84 and pick up all the deer kills if you are that bad a hunter? I am quite sure that you have no idea that with all the talented archers out there that you can easily be replaced by Bowtech if you dont smarten up and represent the COMPANY, and not just the one aspect of it that you happen to have an interest in.

Wyvern
Old 07-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

The thing about all those small game hunters. trappers, etc.infesting the woods is that they dont seem to be near as much of a pain in the arse as a lot of deer hunters.

Pennsylvanie must really be different because everywhere else, the dove hunters are out out in the middle of cut fields in the middle of the day and dont have much to do with crowding thedeer hunters out in the woods.[&:]

Quick Reply: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.