Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Good News In PA

Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good News In PA

Here is the link to the 2008 Antlerless allocations.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/ ... ndouts.pdf

The good news is that all but 1 WMU is now at or above the target goal for herd health. The bad news is that this sudden improvement in herd health did not result in a corresponding reduction in antlerless allocations.

Can anyone explain how a herd can be above the target goal for herd health?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good News In PA

If the PA Game Commision was a buisness they would have gone Bankrupt!! You need to look at the hunter as their customer. I'm pretty certain they have a lot of unhappy customers. Me included. If it wasn't for needing a license to hunt ground hogs and Turkeys I would even buy one. I could skip deer hunting without a problem and that is probably my favorite thing to do. The commision should go to Ohio or Iowa and take a few lessons. I know we don't have the same enviornment but they could cetainly get some GOOD ideas.

They continue to complain about license sales and no new young hunters, well guess what sit in the woods for a week of Rifle season and see 5 deer and yep I'm sure I could talk a 12 year old into doing it again, RIGHT! he11 you can't even get an adult to do that anymore. For sure the bucks are getting bigger but it will now be the chance of a liftime to kill one around here.

If 75% of the hunters refused to purchase a doe tag I think you might actually get someones attention. For sure if no body bought one that would make them kick back and listen to the customer. Everyone do their part this year and hit 'em where it hurts, their bank account. Don't buy a doe tag!! Think about it, If no one bought a doe tag that would re-plentish the woods with deer and thats what we all want to see anyhow and it would also hurt the game commisions bank account.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

wishful thinking on not buying. They have what you call a monopoly in addition to being a 'law enforcement' agency now. That is where thr real money is for them. They are overly suspicious, condescending and just nasty when they consistently stop the same people at the same place and search the same licenses every night for 1 week. Think abut it, if i am a law breaker an I going to pass the same road every night where for the past 10 years they end up setting their little stings? No he lives right down the road. I have to work today or I would fill a book on my complaints to them and about them.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Spike

Dream on my friend! There will always be someone that's buying aDoelicense. you can't eat them antlers!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't anyone surprised that the PGC has declared the herd is healthy in all but one WMU after telling us for 7 yrs. that we needed to kill more doe in order to have a healthy herd. Even some WMUs that had poor herd health in 2007 were declared to be at their goal in 2008 ,even though the breeding rates had not improved in prior years.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

bluebird:

I posted in another forum about the annual report to the fish & game committee by the director of the game commission. He was being grilled by the committee regarding the state of the deer herd in PA, and now it seems new criteria is being used to evaluate the condition of the herd, and what changes will take place this year.

My take on this? It's called "say anything".

Old 05-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think they are changing the criteria, what they changed is the goal. They realized that reducing the herd even more wouldn't improve herd health, so they just declared the herd was healthy
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

what does THEM declaring the herd healty mean to us?? im curious wondering??
Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If antlerless allocations are based on herd health ,as the PGC claimed, it should have meant a significant reduction in antlerless tags ,but it didn't.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

PGC /dcnr has herd down to nothing in wmu2g.
they only reduced the doe permits BECAUSE they want a raise in their wages at PGC.

inline hunters in oct are STILL killing bulk of doe.

yes, hunters will still kill a doe until their are none,they want that meat and with meat prices up, i expect more doe will be killed out of season,all tags filled if they can and go to DCNR office for more DMAP tags to fill freezer.

US real sportsmen see true hunterswho want deer to hunt in future.

all i see now is dads shooting deer /turkeys for their kids and getting another one for themselves, its called MENTOURED PROGRAM and its a disgustingbut a great thing for low lifes that are using it to fill freezer.

WE BETTER WAKE UP TO THIS,ITS BIGGEST FAILURE OF PROGRAM THAT PGC HAS EVER STARTED.[:@]

Quick Reply: Good News In PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.