HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/244701-looking-pa-camp-dad-son.html)

muncylabman 05-02-2008 09:29 AM

LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

I live in Muncy, PA (northcentral) and am looking for a camp for my 13 yr.old son and I to join. I used to hunt with a good group of guys when I was his age and I want him to experience the same. We are both VERY safe, can provide references and he has been going with me since he has been 8 yr. old. We presently hunt public land and private ground on a farm. But I would like to find a camp with a cabin or a lease to join within 45 minutes-1 hour from Williamsport, PA area. If the situation is right maybe a longer distance. Please if anyone knows of any camps/leases looking for good, hardworking, safe members email me at [email protected] or call me @ 570-244-2115. Thanks!

Jeff

deerslayer223 05-03-2008 09:48 PM

RE: LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

Goodluck it's hard to find anything in Pa anymore with the way the deer herd is everyone is biting in on private land.

The Rifleman 05-03-2008 09:56 PM

There are a lot of empty camps in Potter County these days - and quite a few in the Medix Run Area.

The days of hunting camps - with memberships is probably done - due to the fact that most people just goes out these days and buys their own camps and doesn't want to be bothered with other people making the rules or paying dues or drinking, swearing and all the things that goes on in a normal hunting camp.

Then there is the fact that with most private land being posted - you are going to get into a situation where other people will not want any new members to their camp if they have a buck or two on the place - for fear that you might shoot their deer.

You could check the Punxsy Hunting Camp = which has a lodge near Parker's Dam. But you might find that their dues might be several thousand dollars a year and a $10,000 or more initiation fee and they probably wouldn't even have any sleeping accommodations the first five years that you were a member. You would still have to bring a camping trailer or a tent to stay there.

Pawildman 05-04-2008 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: muncylabman

I live in Muncy, PA (northcentral) and am looking for a camp for my 13 yr.old son and I to join. I used to hunt with a good group of guys when I was his age and I want him to experience the same. We are both VERY safe, can provide references and he has been going with me since he has been 8 yr. old. We presently hunt public land and private ground on a farm. But I would like to find a camp with a cabin or a lease to join within 45 minutes-1 hour from Williamsport, PA area. If the situation is right maybe a longer distance. Please if anyone knows of any camps/leases looking for good, hardworking, safe members email me at [email protected] or call me @ 570-244-2115. Thanks!

Jeff
Camps like you are looking for may be hard to find. If you are willing to buy a camp of your own, it may be an easier task. We bought our camp about 14 yrs. ago by putting ads in local papers in the areas we wished to hunt. It didn't take too long, and we found exactly what we were looking for. Just a thought.........

RonM 05-04-2008 10:57 AM

Go on Huntingpa.com and check the classifieds and run thru the message boards, good bunch of guys over there, many from over here.......

daughenbaughredneck 05-11-2008 08:39 PM

is land in the centre county area expensive?

PA Hardwoods 05-12-2008 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: daughenbaughredneck

is land in the centre county area expensive?

LMFAO!!! One word answers your question. YES!!! The realators have driven up land prices to amazing heights here. I view them in the same real as politicians and lawyers. ALL thieves!!!

daughenbaughredneck 05-12-2008 01:21 PM

that is very sad to know. my family came to Illinois from Howard in 1846. And i always wanted to buy land their to see some of my roots. I bought land in Maine near Houlton. Because my brother lives their but the deer hunting is not great.
But the land is dirt cheap compared to Illinois were i reside. About 150 to 200 dollars a acre in Maine northern part.

PA Hardwoods 05-12-2008 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: daughenbaughredneck

that is very sad to know. my family came to Illinois from Howard in 1846. And i always wanted to buy land their to see some of my roots. I bought land in Maine near Houlton. Because my brother lives their but the deer hunting is not great.
But the land is dirt cheap compared to Illinois were i reside. About 150 to 200 dollars a acre in Maine northern part.
$150-$200 per acre. OMG Im moving there!!! The farther you get from State College the prices go down some but not a ton. You are looking at thousands of dollars per acre here. It really is sick what they are getting for plots of land, and BAD land at that. The Howard area would be some cheaper but not a ton. But there is some nice places around there.

Mr. Longbeard 05-14-2008 07:30 AM

Dude... I hope your rich!!! My brother bought 10 acres 15 years ago for $19,000... He's got it for sale right now for $160,000... He won't even give me a break on it... No electric within 2 miles... Completly surounded by state forest...

He will definetly sell it... To somebody from Washington DC with money... You cant put a price on private land surounded by 40,000 acres of state forest... Pretty soon we wont be able to hunt state land with out a reservation... Watch it's coming;)You can say you heard it first from Mr. Longbeard