Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON >

LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

Old 05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
jf5

Default RE: LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

With all the deer gone in PA, I am suprised there are not a ton of camps for sale cheap
Old 05-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jf5

With all the deer gone in PA, I am suprised there are not a ton of camps for sale cheap
There are camps for sale occasionally, but usually not just because the hunting is not what it once was. The primary reason anymore seems to be that the younger generation is just plain not interested in the outdoors and hunting like our generation (50-70 yrs. old) was raised in. Way too much fast-paced stuff to deal with. It has become their lifestyle, and they simply cannot handle being out in the woods for hours on end just watching nature and waiting for that deer, bear, turkey or whatever to stroll by. They get bored quickly. Therefore, the old hunting style as we knew it just does not provide the constant action they have been raised with. Because of that, camp life to them has little or no appeal.
As I started to say, camps are for sale now and then, but are not for sale long. Enough of us are still left to appreciate that lifestyle, and thank goodness SOME of the younger generation do too. One was for sale not too far from our camp in North Central PA (yep, the depleted of deer area you hear so much about) recently. Nice little place. It was for sale for TWO DAYS before someone bought it. Paid near $30K, I was told. So, there ya go........ If you want one, they can be had if you look and wait long enough..........
Old 05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

There are camps for sale occasionally, but usually not just because the hunting is not what it once was. The primary reason anymore seems to be that the younger generation is just plain not interested in the outdoors and hunting like our generation (50-70 yrs. old) was raised in. Way too much fast-paced stuff to deal with. It has become their lifestyle, and they simply cannot handle being out in the woods for hours on end just watching nature and waiting for that deer, bear, turkey or whatever to stroll by. They get bored quickly. Therefore, the old hunting style as we knew it just does not provide the constant action they have been raised with. Because of that, camp life to them has little or no appeal.
As I started to say, camps are for sale now and then, but are not for sale long. Enough of us are still left to appreciate that lifestyle, and thank goodness SOME of the younger generation do too. One was for sale not too far from our camp in North Central PA (yep, the depleted of deer area you hear so much about) recently. Nice little place. It was for sale for TWO DAYS before someone bought it. Paid near $30K, I was told. So, there ya go........ If you want one, they can be had if you look and wait long enough..........
I was just kidding. But your post is right on. Its unfortunate. I am in my 30's and love to deer hunt and when not hunting/scouting I am fishing. And I mean all year long...ice fishing, etc. I wish more of my friends where into it.

I am glad to see my nephews getting into the outdoors. They are 13 and 11. The 13YO is real wound up to get his first deer.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now a days more camps are being bought for outdoors activities such as atv riding,boating,hiking,etc.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

very good comments, not much i can say.

there is a few camps for sale here in western clinton county.
if he is interested, i can give him info.

they are all TOO EXPENSIVE.

hardly any camps are open in deer season, most come in summer to relax only..

hunting is dying off.

i know of no camps that have opening for new hunters as most are old farts like me.

yes, young people are not interested in camps, wives dont want them hunting, only staying home and babysitting,washing dishes,taking them out to dinner etc.

getting together at camps is something that is going away.

break-ins, bugs,no deer,no fish,few turkeys,no electric, out side toilet,no phone,gas prices ae all taking their toll on camps ..

thank the PGC/DCNR next time when you see them.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Land in Centre county is VERY expensive! Renting farming ground right now is around $150/acre so forested land is cheaper than that to rent, so i say just rent a bunch of land
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 PM

i have two large tracts of land which i guide on i dont know if i am too far Albion Ny around 2 hours i think if you have not found anything i may be able to help you out the amount of game here is something i thought i would never live to see 5855902948 tom baker
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Greene County PA. I live in WV, but I cross the border into PA to hunt deer and ground hog's. The deer population in Greene county is fantastic. And the bucks are doing great since they added the point restriction hunting. There are also plenty of doe permits left over every year(or at least every year I know of).

Property value in Greene County is affordable(IMO).And there are a lot of hunting clubs, or groups in the area. I do not know how far you are from Greene County, but if it is not too far then I would check this area out if I were you.

If you give me an e-mail I can give you the name of a fellow who might have some property for a hunting lease in Greene County. Or I can keep my eye open for you during ground hog season(real close). There are a lot ofcamps in the area I huntin.

During the 4th of July weekend a lot ofpeople visit their hunting camps for the weekend. If I were you, and was serious about this I would make a trip into rural Greene County and talk to some people. You never know what you might find. Tom.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

here in clinton county our tax on propertys has changed.
it used to be assessed value,now its MARKET VALUE.

example, last year a camp was taxed about .say 100 dollars a year because it was camp.

now,its what the property is worth.

i have a camp and its now assessed at 45,000.
it was assessed at 3,000 before because it was CAMP.

not anymore.

i have friends who have a camper on cement slab used for camp and are now assessed at 30,000.

my home was assessed at 26,000,now its 76,000.

so, i expect many camps and homes to be up for sale or foreclousure soon.

its going to get very expensive to own a camp come jan,1,2009.[:@]

Old 06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now you know why your goverment wants to take your guns... Kinda hard to take a persons land if they have guns

Our kids, kids are in for a !@#$ed up life

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR PA CAMP FOR DAD AND SON

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.