HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Vermonts Deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/240724-vermonts-deer.html)

Vermont_hunter 04-04-2008 06:26 AM

Vermonts Deer

well it seems that vermonts deer are leaving their yarding areas, i was at girlfriends house last night and we saw a young deer go across her lawn, she lives on top of a hill and there are no yards in that area as far as i know....lets just hope its not to early for them to leave yet

jf5 04-04-2008 07:08 AM

RE: Vermonts Deer

Well thats cool. Lots of deer took it hard this winter. I saw two dead ones in western MA last weekend. I am sure VT had even more snow..

MikeVT 04-04-2008 07:23 AM

Not in Southern Vermont, I've had bare ground for a couple of weeks. I've seen them out of their yards for almost a month now. I'm sure northern Vermont got hit much harder. As long as we don't get a big storm now, I don't think the winter was too bad on them.

jf5 04-04-2008 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeVT

Not in Southern Vermont, I've had bare ground for a couple of weeks. I've seen them out of their yards for almost a month now. I'm sure northern Vermont got hit much harder. As long as we don't get a big storm now, I don't think the winter was too bad on them.
SW or SE VT??? I thought SW got allot of snow...?? No??

MikeVT 04-04-2008 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: jf5

SW - Bennington/Shaftsbury. The mountains got a lot, but then again, they always do. From the NY border to the first ridge of the greens got spared a lot of snow.

Vermont_hunter 04-05-2008 02:16 PM

yeah, i am in the mountains and we are still over a foot away from the feilds....

Big G 04-05-2008 06:31 PM

Here in Hardwick the deer seem to be doing O.K. We still have alot of snow, but they seem to be comming out more. The turkeys took a hit though...

G

Planter 04-06-2008 11:13 AM

What deer???

jf5 04-07-2008 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jf5

SW - Bennington/Shaftsbury. The mountains got a lot, but then again, they always do. From the NY border to the first ridge of the greens got spared a lot of snow.
OK, cool...

Champlain Islander 04-07-2008 08:49 AM

They are doing well here in the islands. All over the fields competing with the turkeys for food. Looks like it was a good winter for both turkeys and deer around here.

nthwdsbwhnter 04-07-2008 08:07 PM

Been watching the deer every night coming home from work up here in the Northeast Corner, and they look GREAT. Did some snowshoeing in around
some of my bowhunting haunts and they've made some numerous community trails that they've packed down. We got tons of snow up here (anybody
wanna buy some????) but the deer seem to have weathered it fine. Got one big bugger that made it and have made a mental note to look him up
come fall.