Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Vermonts Deer

Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Vermonts Deer

well it seems that vermonts deer are leaving their yarding areas, i was at girlfriends house last night and we saw a young deer go across her lawn, she lives on top of a hill and there are no yards in that area as far as i know....lets just hope its not to early for them to leave yet
Old 04-04-2008, 07:08 AM
jf5

Default RE: Vermonts Deer

Well thats cool. Lots of deer took it hard this winter. I saw two dead ones in western MA last weekend. I am sure VT had even more snow..
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Not in Southern Vermont, I've had bare ground for a couple of weeks. I've seen them out of their yards for almost a month now. I'm sure northern Vermont got hit much harder. As long as we don't get a big storm now, I don't think the winter was too bad on them.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: MikeVT

Not in Southern Vermont, I've had bare ground for a couple of weeks. I've seen them out of their yards for almost a month now. I'm sure northern Vermont got hit much harder. As long as we don't get a big storm now, I don't think the winter was too bad on them.
SW or SE VT??? I thought SW got allot of snow...?? No??
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jf5

SW - Bennington/Shaftsbury. The mountains got a lot, but then again, they always do. From the NY border to the first ridge of the greens got spared a lot of snow.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

yeah, i am in the mountains and we are still over a foot away from the feilds....
Old 04-05-2008, 06:31 PM

Here in Hardwick the deer seem to be doing O.K. We still have alot of snow, but they seem to be comming out more. The turkeys took a hit though...

G
Old 04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

What deer???
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: jf5

SW - Bennington/Shaftsbury. The mountains got a lot, but then again, they always do. From the NY border to the first ridge of the greens got spared a lot of snow.
OK, cool...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

They are doing well here in the islands. All over the fields competing with the turkeys for food. Looks like it was a good winter for both turkeys and deer around here.

Quick Reply: Vermonts Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.