Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new doe hunting zones in Pa >

new doe hunting zones in Pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new doe hunting zones in Pa

Old 02-15-2003, 02:58 PM

Default new doe hunting zones in Pa

it is my understanding that the 2003-2004 hunting season is going to consist in some changes in the way we apply and were we can hunt our antlerless quarry.
it will no longer be constructed of counties but by management areas. some areas are going to be constructed of pieces of several different counties. i looking for some opions on this topic
Old 02-15-2003, 03:56 PM

Default RE: new doe hunting zones in Pa

sounds a little confusing to me
Old 02-15-2003, 05:08 PM

I myself like the change! Only because the 2 areas that I do 99% of my hunting are in 2 seperate counties & I would need the 2 County tags. Now with the change they both are in the same Unit. This is why I like it!![8D]
Old 02-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are a good change. I guess we' ll see come hunting season...
Old 02-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

speedmaster,It does just the opposite for me, it cuts my hunting area in half.My uncles farm is in wma 3 and my farm is in wma 5.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-15-2003, 09:26 PM

I think it will be a little confusing until we get used to it. From what I understand they are using physical landmarks, that is, roads, rivers etc. to separate the dmu' s. That seems to be a good idea. One area of game lands that I hunt now, is divided between to counties, with that imaginary line. Some of the state forest land is that way also, so once we get used to it, it will probably be easier. And this is supposed to allow for better management of the herd. But lets no get into a big discussion about Gary Alt. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:27 AM

Sam 444 that stinks for you! I guess you don' t like it too much then!!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does the same thing to me. I hunt 3 areas of Lycoming Co. and those areas are now different zones. Depending on where I apply for my doe tags, I can' t take doe in the other and all my area' s need does taken. I' ll opt for a tag in each if available.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m in a new situation too...one for the better....and the other way too! One of my areas is national forest and is split by county lines...now it' s in the same unit. Another of my areas is in the same county, but now the county is bisected and that area is in a different unit. I like the plan and layout, and I think we' ll all get used to it after a season or two.

Quick Reply: new doe hunting zones in Pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.