Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Just lost my hunting club >

Just lost my hunting club

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Just lost my hunting club

Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Just lost my hunting club

My club and its land was just sold to NYC watershed. We leased 650 acres and an old farm housesince 1991 and its all over.This is very depressing and now I need a new place to hunt. If anyone knows of a club looking for some members, or maybe even leasing another piece of land with a cabin in upstate NY prefferably in the Catskill region being that I'm from Long island it would be greatly appretiated if you gave me a shout.Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Spike

Default RE: Just lost my hunting club

I know that feeling, I lost my club a few years back now. The owner ran into some legal trouble, hecalled me up one dayto tell me, if I had anything up at the cabin, I'd better get up there and get it. Told me he needed money for a lawyer and sold the camp to his wealthy neighbor. The sad part is, if he would have called me first, I could have affored to buy it from him. I miss that place.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Fork Horn

Id love to hear of some hunting clubs as well, im a Longislander as well and needs something not 700 miles away..
thanks..
sorry to hear of that news Fhunter.. i know it sucks..
but the good news i would think.. you should be able to hunt the water sheds you know..

Old 03-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about that! Not that it applies in your case but for others who could afford to buy their lease, tell the guy if he ever intends to sell to contact you first!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

You should look into hunting on wastershed property lots of there property they do alow hunting. You just maybe able to hunt that same land. Its worth a try.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/watershed_protection/html/wsrecreation.html
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 AM

Thanks for all the responses, It's nice to see sportsmen trying to help fellow sportsmen out. The watershed land is a great idea (unless you had a club that was just sold to them[:@])and that will be our last resort, but I'm looking for a place where before and after the hunt is just as much fun as the hunt.Does this make sense? A place where we (friends)all eat diner together have a drink and tell the tale of the days hunt. Sounds real cheesy but thats what we had for years. To me thats just as much fun as the hunting is. I'm not too sure places like this exist anymore.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get yourself some land out in the sticks like I did in WV. Pool together some money and lay out ground rules so you don't have infighting...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Spike

My club is looking for some members, not sure how many we still need but here is some info.

The club meets in Woodmere LI

We have a house with 24 rooms in Sullivan County- Town of Tusten, and is open for use from approx late April early May to the end of big game Hunting season. We lease 1507 acres of the Ten Mile River BoyScout Camp, have access to 1100 more. We own 70 acres that connect to 1507.

This is just quick info, some more details if interested (I am at work)

Dues 925.00 + iniation fee 250.00? year-----it sounds expensive to some but when they use the house in spring, summer & fall instead of paying for a motel for fishing, rafting, relaxing---they dont complain anymore.

If your a interested let me know and I will give you the # of the person to speak to for ALL info.

Mike
Old 03-28-2008, 06:54 AM

Mako, PM sent.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fhunter

Thanks for all the responses, It's nice to see sportsmen trying to help fellow sportsmen out. The watershed land is a great idea (unless you had a club that was just sold to them[:@])and that will be our last resort, but I'm looking for a place where before and after the hunt is just as much fun as the hunt.Does this make sense? A place where we (friends)all eat diner together have a drink and tell the tale of the days hunt. Sounds real cheesy but thats what we had for years. To me thats just as much fun as the hunting is. I'm not too sure places like this exist anymore.
come to my area, clinton county,pa. you can buy land or camp.

you have 100,000 acres to hunt,all PUBLICLAND.

hunting is hard now and many are selling their camps.

too much DOE killing by meat hunters, now its ruined a great tradition.

but a nice place to have camp for relaxing.

i have 100 acres of land i dont even hunt on.
poachers are hurting what deer i have on there, i cant stop it 24/7.

even land with wire around it ,they are getting deer off it.

with meat prices the way they are, its hard to keep a doe alive.