HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   NYS Governor Spitzer Prostitute Scandal (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/236775-nys-governor-spitzer-prostitute-scandal.html)

Troutman10 03-10-2008 03:38 PM

NYS Governor Spitzer Prostitute Scandal

NYS Governor Spitzer has been caught involved with a Prostitute ring. Below is a link to the story.

http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/spitzer.prostitution.ring.2.673848.html

What's this mean for NYS Sportsman and women?

Steve863 03-11-2008 05:00 AM

RE: NYS Governor Spitzer Prostitute Scandal

Not a thing.

butch910 03-11-2008 05:25 AM

It means the number 2 supporter of gun control behind Hillary will not be in office. Hopefully she is next.

SaintHubert 03-11-2008 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve863

Not a thing.
I disagree! It would be tough to get anything worse than Spitzer. I doubt our blind future Governor will make many changes with the budget now in a turmoil. Secondly we will have Joseph Bruno and Republican as our Lt. Governor and just a few steps from becoming a Governor himself.

Steve863 03-11-2008 05:34 AM

Exactly what changed hunting wise when Spitzer took over last year? The answer is nothing. With that said, I do think he should resign promptly. Whomever is governor won't make a difference to hunting. Hunter numbers are steadily going down and we have less and less private land to hunt. This is due to changes in societies attitudes and has nothing to do with the governor.

SaintHubert 03-11-2008 06:11 AM

Exactly what changed hunting wise when Spitzer took over last year? The answer is nothing.
Yes but that is because he has not had the time to turn his sights on us. There is a MUCH bigger picture than just hunting and that is gun ownership. If given the time things would have gotten much worse. When Spitzer took office I feared for my guns. No more .50 cal. muzzleloaders, no more semi automatic shotguns or rifles, anda gun registration were at the top of Spitzers list. Now we have to see if our new Gov. is as anxious as Spitzer to ban guns.

ntcbassman 03-11-2008 07:01 AM

we here in the northeast have completed a HAT TRICK with our GOVS in the past couple of years. the CONN. Gov. who is now in jail for financial shannigans, the N.J. Gov. who "switched teams" with one of his staffers and now Mr. Clean of N.Y. gets knocked off his white horse with this mess.

probably this is not "new" behavior of our elected officials, just a more TENACIOUS media to get a story.

(my 2 cents)

buckclub 03-11-2008 01:53 PM

Hunter numbers are steadily going down and we have less and less private land to hunt. This is due to changes in societies attitudes and has nothing to do with the governor.
Are you sure you didn't mean PUBLIC land? its called private for a reason.

I see chuck schumer is at least proposing 'bribing' private landowners with a payment to open up thier lands to hunting. at a (what) cost to the taxpayer

moose1915 03-11-2008 09:19 PM

shumer, spitzer, hillary = total scumbags. thats all i have to say about that.[:'(]

Steve863 03-12-2008 05:04 AM

Are you sure you didn't mean PUBLIC land? its called private for a reason.
No, I meant private land. I think the lack of private land available to hunting is one BIG reason we are seeing hunters giving up the sport. I think NY has an adequate amount of state land, but many hunters who are used to private land don't want to go hunt on public land. Way too many nutcases out there and for many it is not worth the risk. Hunting accidents in general are low, but you never know who will be out there on public land which in general is not the case on private land.