Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wolves in Mass

Old 03-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Wolves in Mass

ORIGINAL: jf5

There is something wrong with this picture though. Reports have it killing but not eating?? And also, wolves are pack animals, strange to see one alone so far from realwolf territory.
http://www.nyoutdoornews.com/articles/2008/03/20/top_news/news04.txt

Gray wolves usually eat deer and moose, but will adapt to eat other animals if necessary. Indeed, bits of lamb, bone fragments and tufts of wool were discovered in the Shelburne wolf's stomach after it was killed.

It does seem weird for a wolf to be solo that far off though.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: barney116

ORIGINAL: jf5

There is something wrong with this picture though. Reports have it killing but not eating?? And also, wolves are pack animals, strange to see one alone so far from realwolf territory.
http://www.nyoutdoornews.com/articles/2008/03/20/top_news/news04.txt

Gray wolves usually eat deer and moose, but will adapt to eat other animals if necessary. Indeed, bits of lamb, bone fragments and tufts of wool were discovered in the Shelburne wolf's stomach after it was killed.

It does seem weird for a wolf to be solo that far off though.
I get where you are going but the report shows only a portion of the kill being eaten.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

i think this is pretty 'cool'. Now the sproulmans have something to talk about. No doubt that they can and do travel. I Wonder/hope he made somefemale yote happy. and get some more wolf hybrids going for this spring. Isn't there some eastern wolf DNA found in coyotes anyways in the east? at least sporadically? it would be nice to have another predatorpopulation to hunt over in the east!give the small gamers another thing to gripe or shootabout
Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

or for that matter the big gamers as well lol Lets hear it from the guys who hate coyotes because they kill to many deer.